Saturday, March 8, 2008

Skating Adventure

We finally made it to skating!!! Duffer was so not wanting to go...after all he is working 7 days this week so I guess he is entitled to be tired right?! ;-) But he went because we had promised the boys we would take them. So we took Rylee to visit with my grandma and off we went.

Duffer was the only one that hadn't eaten already so he ran through Mickey D's for a quick bite. I offered to take over driving because he is not a good driver when eating. He swerves back and forth and literally makes me carsick. Well...last night I am not sure I did much better. We went to the ATM in Colonial Heights and I ran over the curb getting to it....then it didn't work so I pulled around to the other one...didn't pull up close enough so I had to open my door and hang out...in my stretching to reach it, I put my foot on the gas pedal!!! Yep...the car was in park so no disaster there. Then somehow I turned on the windshield wipers in my stretching...finally got money and pulled out...and ran over the curb for a 2nd time!?!?! Duffer was not amused although I was cracking up! Sometimes I just have days like this and there is not much I can do about it but laugh it off...see Tanja almost on a daily basis!!!

We get to the rink and I just sit and watch in amazement. My friend, Susan, had said she had been recently and that the kids were so disrespectful and pretty much just little punks. Boy was she right. Every time I turned around I saw them flipping off each other, cussing constantly, some that couldn't have been older than 6th grade were hanging all over each other...how can I keep my kids from growing up????

So anyway...we all get skates on and then the fun began. I tried to take my camera but I couldn't get good pictures in there because it was so dark so Duffer took my camera back to the car....SORRY! I know I promised some of you some great pictures so you will just have to use your imagination.

We put regular skates on Jett and he looked like Gumbi flopping down all over the place...luckily he was amused by it instead of scared though. Duffer took him around a couple times and then said it was killing his back so I suggested he go get the other skates that fit over their shoes. Jett preferred them since he could go around on his own in them...granted he went around very slowly but he still did it on his own.

Davis was like a speed demon therefore he fell at every turn but I have NEVER seen anyone get up as fast as he did. It might be because I was following him and I told him that I would end up running over him if he just laid on the ground...not on purpose of course...I have never been that great at stopping. :o) He improved a lot by the time we left though...only falling maybe twice in one lap.

We lasted for about 2 1/2 hours and Duffer and I were both sweating and hot from pulling the boys up over and over and over and from skating. It was going on 10:30 and they closed at 11. We packed up and headed to get Rylee.

Duffer wants to get the boys some skates...Jett has some of the kind that goes over your shoes...but we might get Davis some roller blades. Skating is such good exercise...I hate that Skate City is closing. I think it helped my soreness a little in my legs...although I woke up with different muscles sore today! HA!

On a different subject...it is snow flurrying here...can you believe it after our 60 and 70 degree weather last week?!?!?! The only good thing about it is Jett had soccer practice from 11-12 and then Davis had baseball from 12-2 so both of those were cancelled. YAY!!! That gave me more time to catch up on all this laundry and housework. I am supposed to go shopping with Grandma here in a couple of hours and then after Duffer gets home from work we are going out to visit his mom. When I say that it sounds like she lives far away...we are in Alandale and she is out near the airport so it is a good distance to where you can't just go all the time.

It is almost impossible to keep this place cleaned up as much as we are gone...we now have activities going on Tuesday through Thursday and on Saturday and Sunday....I think I have said this before but whoever started the woman working should have been shot! Now our world has turned into us all wanting so much that (in most cases) both parents have to work and this leaves less time for the kids or when you are with them you are so tired you don't want to do anything. Oh well...I need to go buy my lottery ticket and maybe I can win that 200 M tonight!!!

Okay off my soap box now...I was 'taking a break' from my work so I must get back to it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question is was you really skating like your MEEEZZZZ?!?!?!

Nicole said...

HA...I wish!!! That was the only roller skating animation they had to choose from. Now Duffer can really skate...backwards and everything but not me.