Friday, March 7, 2008

ME on the Radio!

OMG....I am still shaking from the events that have happened this morning!!! I got to work at 6am...have to leave 30 minutes early to take Davis to doctor for checkup...so as you can imagine I was sitting here half asleep trying to filter through the tons of email I get daily.

My cell phone rings at 6:50am and no one calls me this early except family or 2 of my co-workers, Gina and Mollee. I didn't recognize the 477# but I answered it anyway...thinking there was an emergency!

First I better give you some background...a wonderful lady at my church sent out an email earlier this week saying she knew the artist of the week and for us to enter this contest on WCQR's website...local Christan station here. So I did. If you win you receive a cruise to Key West and Mexico...and who doesn't need a free vacation (although the only cruise I have been on a man jumped overboard and died!!! But I am willing to attempt it again especially for FREE!!!).

Okay back to the phone call...the man said he was David from WCQR and I could feel the redness rise in my face!!! He asked me again who the mystery artist was and I flubbed around trying to remember and find that email that Wanda sent so I knew I sounded like a dork!! Suddenly it popped back into my head...some help from my guardian angel maybe??? He proceeded to ask me if I had ever been on a cruise and to tell me that I now had a 1 in 8 chance of winning but I still have to participate in the competition at the end of the month. At this point I had no clue what it was just thought they would call me back and ask me more questions.

So I get off the phone and tell Gina who is laughing at me and then I call Cassie and tell her who also laughs at me because I am still pretty much freaking out at this point!!! So Gina and I come back to our desks and pull up the radio station online. JUST as we did that the announcer said that in 10 minutes he would tell 2 more of the qualifiers for the contest and it was then that I knew I was going to be on there.

That was the longest 10 minutes ever...most of you know how I panic and I did not want to hear myself on the radio. Luckily we were heard it...Gina is cracking up the entire time because I have tears in my eyes I am so scared...they edited out all of my stumbling around and didn't make me sound too much like the dork that I am! I recorded it on my cell phone and sent it to many of you just for kicks.

Now here is the problem...the contest is in the JC mall at the end of the month and I sure it is something like a game show where you all stand up there and answer questions about the music on the radio station...which I don't listen to but will have to 24/7 for the next 3 weeks!!!! I cannot get up in front of people and certainly can't talk so not sure how I will get through this but I have to try just to win the cruise!!!! Duffer didn't seem too thrilled so I told Cassie or Gina (whichever one will go) that they could go with me for some girl fun!!!

Now if I can just quit shaking I might be able to get some work done!!! :o)


3 comments:

Tanja said...

You are so funny! Oh, I hope you win. I blogged about an experience we had last night, and I thought of you the whole time. I kept repeating in my head, "Nicole says all the time that these things only happen to her." Well, not any more. Go check it out. I'm still recuperating! Hope you have a great day. Relax now. The stressful part is over. Deep breaths!

~cassie~ said...

You crack me up...I think God has a sense of humor...He knew all he had to do was offer you an opportunity for a free vacation..and ta da...you are listening to HIS music!!!! I love it!! Give it some time, and you will realize that it changes your day...God is good!! Love you!! If you win-I am there!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA, YOUR SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE TO TALK, YOU WILL DO FINE!!!! HOPE YOU WIN, EVERYBODY LOVES A FREE CRUISE!!!!