Friday, March 7, 2008

My American Idol Fanatic

I have mentioned several times before how when Rylee likes to watch something, she has to watch it over and over and over....well you get the point. It was originally Toy Story and then she moved on to The Grinch (Jim Carrey version) so I could recite you any line from it or maybe the entire movie! She still occasionally asks to watch The Grinch but she is pretty much over Toy Story.

For the past couple months, her favorite has been as she calls it "Peter Parker" aka Spiderman. It's funny how when Jett watches it he is obsessed with Spiderman and all his cool moves but Rylee likes seeing Peter Parker!

The point of all this is to say she now has a new obsession. Last night I came home exhausted from the pre-sale at the civic auditorium. I put my pjs on, washed my face and got in bed to watch the results show of American Idol. Rylee got in bed with me too but I didn't think she would stay interested for long. I was way wrong...she didn't move the entire show...because she was so into the show not because she was falling asleep like I had hoped! When it ended she threw a fit wanting to watch again! I still had Tuesday's episode on there (thank goodness for DVR) so I turned it on but told her I had to go to sleep.

Who knows when she fell asleep...Wednesday night I woke back up around midnight to find Rylee sitting in her chair beside the boys' bed and she and Jett were WIDE awake watching movies!!! Duffer and I had both fallen asleep and I guess those two wanted to stay up and party all night!

So I have never said anything since Amercian Idol tryouts on who were my favorites. Amanda is still my favorite girl although most people don't like her. I do because she is so different and I grew up on my daddy's Harley so I like that type of person.
I really like Brooke also. I like her because she has a different sound than everybody else. She is very original and she was awesome when she sang Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain'.


Then my next choice would be Carly. She can probably sing just about anything. I wouldn't have as many tattoos as she does but she is very humble and down to earth.


Then I have to pull for an underdog...Kristy. I really didn't like her until I saw the episode where they told what America would be surprised to know. She is the All-American girl that rides horses, four wheelers, whatever but then can still get all gussied up when she needs to.


My absolute favorite of all of them...is Michael - for sure!!! He is so HOT and he can sing awesome. He got to me when he sang Queen and the Doors because not many people at all can sing those songs!! I love watching him because he has a great stage presence...you know he doesn't just stand there like a stick but he isn't flopping all over the place either.


My next favorite guy is a tie...can't make up my mind...between David and Jason....I loved Jason this week (the song he sang - Hallelujah was AWESOME) and David did good this week.




So there you go...the ones I like. And now I am super happy that Danny Noriega is off because I couldn't handle him. A bit too flamboyant for my taste.
Last night's episode was great since my favorite from last year Blake Lewis performed. He is SO COOL!!!! He is the total package...good looking, can sing, and DANCE!!! Woohoo!


Off the subject of American Idol...I am still exercising and sticking with my diet...nothing fried, no bread and no sweets with drinking water only...pretty much can't eat anything I want to!!! I have lost 4 pounds this week...YAY!!! In addition to doing the Arc Trainer and Denise Austin videos, Gina and I started walking the steps at work. Tuesday we went up 257 steps in 7 minutes...and now I can't walk!!! I have never been this sore in my life!! I walk like a little old lady right now. Yesterday we thought we needed to 'work out' the soreness but we only went up 185 steps because we were literally DYING from the pain in our legs. She 'says' she is gonna make me do them again today but I don't know if I can make up 10 at this point!!! My Hip Hop Abs videos should come in tomorrow so that will be something else I can do...can't wait...totally motivated now!!!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

you don't like little David archuleta? I like all three guys, David, Michael, and Jason. I want one of them to win but I think it will be David bc people are obsessed with him.

ps I am sorry I am a dud about being tagged. I am just too corny with my answers to do it.

Nicole said...

Don't worry about the tag...it was really hard for me to do it too. I am terrible at that stuff.

I like David but he there isn't anything unique about him that stands out. He has an amazing voice though.