Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

HAPPY EASTER everyone!!! Here are the kids' baskets before they tore into them. They all 3 got a movie, flip flops, sunglasses (you can see I am counting down the days until the pool opens) and just a little bit of candy. Candy is so bad for their teeth and they get on my nerves when they are all jacked up on it so I just got a tiny bit.

Duffer wanted to go to Wally World at 10:30 last night...which I thought was odd...and I found out why when he came back. The boys and Rylee were already asleep and I was in bed watching The Wedding Date (love that movie...it is such a chic flick) and he told me to go in the kitchen. Duffer got me the flowers for Easter and a card apologizing for being so hateful and hard headed lately. I thought it was very nice of him since these things don't come often from him...even though this is the 2nd time he has gotten my flowers this month it is more that I got all last year. Maybe there is hope for him!

;-) )

He also got me this Dale Jr. poster which almost made me drool right there. If I could only write what name he calls him...he hates that I think he is so HOT so he calls him a very bad name. He was looking for a poster of Jason Castro (American Idol) for Rylee! They didn't have any...she is still obsessed. At the beginning of the show when they are all standing there on stage...she runs up to him and screams "That's my man right there!" Is it normal for a 2 year old to act like this?????
Rylee checking out her basket, half asleep and with breakfast all over her face.

Jett could care less because he was so tired...he literally had just cracked his eyes open.

Daddy opening the kids stuff for them.
The kids and I were waiting on Duffer to take pictures before we went to church. He came out and got in the picture before I realized what he had done to his hair! Can you say total goofball?!?! He is letting his hair grow too but not sure how long.

Rylee doing the best smile I could get from her. Check out the red stains all over her chin...remember from my previous post...she ate the red coloring egg tablet...wonder how long it will take to wear off?!?!?

My handsome Davis with hair much longer than I would like. I mentioned getting it cut back some for summer and you would have thought I was going to cut off his leg! Duffer said to just let him grow it as long as he likes since that is what is in style. Today at church, Kevin called him a hippie and Duffer too! HA!

My handsome Jett...in bad need of a haircut although Duffer wants to let it grow.
As usual...the infamous self family portrait. Whatever would I do without my tripod?!?!? Rylee not into the picture taking but we got one anyway.
This was the best picture we could get of the kids and me...Rylee was in a mood if you can't tell!

I took a picture of Rylee's hair since this was the first time she has let me braid it for her...a milestone considering she hates having her hair done. It isn't the best job as she was wallering all over the bed while I did it and she has the thinnest, finest hair ever (not the best type to braid well).

After church, we went to my mother-in-law's for lunch. I had the best chicken ever from Cracker Barrel...apparently they only serve it on Sundays...but it was great!!! Here are all 4 kids together....

The kids with Papaw Maynard and Nene...they were getting ready to go hide eggs.

Linda took this picture with all the kids and Duffer and me.
Duffer and I were amusing ourselves by seeing who could take the best self portrait of us (I didn't want to bore you with the results of them!)...so Jett volunteered to take a picture of us (he is constantly wanting to use my camera now that I have let him use it a time or two!!).

Nene and Jett...
Scyler has grown so much since we saw her last. She is in third grade and has a birthday next month on April 24th when she will turn 9...she and Davis are only 8 months apart.

Duffer and his daughters...



We came home and crashed...the kids taking naps and Duffer and I are just enjoying the peace and quiet (reason I am blogging). I guess I better wake Rylee up though because I do not want to be up until 1am like I was last night!!

Hope you all had a very good Easter!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duffer's hair was so funny! Love the Easter Outfits but I'd say Rylee's would have been cold without a jacket...Glad ya'll had a wonderful Easter....Your dress was sooo PURDY~.Skyler & Rylee defiantly look alike....The shape of their faces...They both are so Beautiful! Love Ya'll....