Saturday, March 22, 2008

Family Time

Today was the first day that Duffer has had off to spend with all us in forever!! Well, he is usually home on Sundays but we are so busy that we don't spend much time together. We had planned to go to the Easter egg hunt at our church and barely made it there...we had to go to storage and get the baskets out! As we left the apartment, Rylee tried to get in Jett's door, which he didn't like, so he slammed the door shut on her. For a moment I thought he slammed it on her fingers but he didn't she just hit her head. I wore Jett out for that one and then of course got fussed at by Duffer...he babies Jett and we disagree on that a LOT!!

Here is Rylee hunting eggs. Her basket hardly held any so one of the youth girls ran and got me a Wal-Mart bag. Rylee would have had a ton more but we got behind waiting on the bag. I didn't get many pictures because I was holding all of her eggs so that left only one hand free!


Duffer went with Jett so I got zero pictures of him but I did see Davis near us. He is in the blue shirt and gray pants...didn't have my zoom on so this was the best I got. I think Ian won out of their age group (whoever got the most eggs won) and he won a chocolate bunny but he gave it to Davis. I thought that was very nice of him!

When Rylee and I came inside to meet the rest of the family I was met by Jett...he was excited because he won in his age group...notice he is hiding his prize behind his back...

It was a thing of Peeps (yuck) and a cup with a toy Peep on it. He was excited!

All three yo-yos and Jett with his mouth full of candy already. They all got way too much candy...each egg had candy in it...Davis found 27, Jett found 36 and Rylee found 54...so you can imagine how much candy we came home with!!!
Duffer was helping open eggs but I think he was really scoping out candy for himself! ;-)

CHEESE!!!
A self portrait of Duffer...

Enjoying juice and snack after the hunt.

After the egg hunt, we went back to storage to get our summer shoes out, baseball chairs, odds and ends stuff...Duffer wasn't happy because he had to unload an entire unit and reload it while the kids ran wild!!!

Then I went to Wal-Mart for some much needed groceries and Easter supplies. I absolutely hate going on Saturdays!! I came home and started to fix tacos for supper...had the meat browned, getting ready to put the shells in the oven when I noticed instead of buying a taco kit (with everything included) I had only bought hard and soft shells. Duffer had to run back to Wal-Mart just to get taco seasoning mix!!! He gets so aggravated with me having to do this constantly.

On to coloring Easter eggs....


This was the crisis of the night...we always have one (remember last year when a bowl of the blue egg coloring was spilled all over the freshly bathed boys and on the carpet?? Reason the kids look so rough...we are saving bathes for in the morning!!)...but this year it happened to Rylee. She was sitting on the counter...she was very fussy due to no nap and had to be right by my side so I set her on the counter while I was boiling the eggs. Duffer was beside of her and getting all of the bowls of egg coloring ready. Rylee had been eating some candy...Sweet Tarts...so of course when she saw the tablets you drop in the water, it looked similar to the candy she had been eating. Yep...she put it in her mouth. Duffer flipped until I told him they weren't hazardous...it says so right on the box...but Rylee's entire mouth and chin turned red and she did not like the taste. I am really hoping it will fade more by morning and she won't have to go to church on Easter Sunday with a stained mouth. She did very well posing to show her mouth though don't you think??

The kit came with a crayon that you could write on the eggs and the message would show up after you colored. This is what he was doing here.

Jett is so very proud that he is now big enough to do these on his own like his big brother.

Rylee and her egg she colored. We didn't let her do more because she was wild with the coloring...splashing and so on. Just knew I would end up wearing it if she stayed in control too much longer!

Jett was a tad close to the camera (which is why he is so bright) but at least I got a picture of all 3 of them.

I tried and tried to get a picture of Rylee and me since all I had was mostly Duffer and the boys...but since Rylee had NO nap today, she wouldn't cooperate.

Now I finally got Rylee to sleep and the boys are winding down watching TV. I am ready to go to bed myself but I have the hard job of trying to stay awake to fix the baskets. After church tomorrow we are going to my mother-in-law's for lunch and to visit (remember Scyler...Duffer's daughter...is in to visit). I will have a lot more pictures to post then but for now I am sleepy...good night!

No comments: