Sunday was the final day we went to the track...to see the Cup race. We dropped all THREE kids off at Vanessa's and picked up Ryan again. Ryan bought this tricycle the night before and decorated it for Rylee...(#7 is the number on his race car).
8-O
Here she is in one of her new outfits, which fits her perfectly right now (remember she won't stop singing Hallelujah by Jason Castro - American Idol)...the tee says 'I'm a Rockstar'. I made us a CD for the car with both Jason Castro's version and Jeff Buckley's.
Ryan is ready to go to the track. He had on shorts and was going to change into his pants until he realized they were still wet from the day before...from being in his backpack!!! I know he froze because I had on 3 layers and froze!!!
We had a terrible time finding our seats...I found it quite funny as I am pretty good at laughing at myself by now. Duffer on the other hand was very mad at the fact that he may miss the start of the race. We went up the elevator and couldn't find them...so we went down the stairs (4 flights) only to realize that we were in the correct place so back up all 4 flights of stairs we went!! This isn't easy when both of us were carrying backpacks and coolers. We made it just in time. This was the first time we had ever sat on the back stretch so we were out of our normal surroundings. They were good seats but in the shade the whole time which made us FREEZE!!
This was a pretty boring race with only about 5 cautions compared to the 13-15 that Bristol usually has. Most of the race was between these two...Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart. It makes me cringe to put this one on here but it is only for Duffer...in other words I do NOT like Jeff Gordon in no way, shape or form!
Here is my driver...#88 DALE EARNHARDT JR. Woohoo! With our handy dandy scanners I got to listen to his voice all day...ahhhhhhhhhh!
This is not the car I prefer...I like the Amp green one. I had a really cool -new- shirt on that was green with his amp stuff on it but Duffer never took any pictures of me.
In the pits...I got my wish...he pitted on our side. :o) Yahoo!!
We hung out there for maybe an hour or so and then headed back to Don's campsite where we parked. We walked about halfway and then this golf cart pulled up like it was about to hit Ryan, startling us all! It was just a nice man giving us a ride. It was really helpful since we had to walk all the way to the opposite side of the track...little breezy going fast but we were still very appreciative. We got to Don's site and they were leaving also. It had been about 2-3 hours since the race ended so we thought for sure traffic would be light. Boy were we wrong!! We sat on the main road for about 45 minutes not even moving!! It took us over 2 hours to get home (in addition to the almost 2 hours it took us to get there that morning!).
We got to Vanessa's dropped Ryan off, grabbed our 3 kids and headed for the house. I gave Jett and Rylee baths and we still didn't get in bed until almost 11pm! Then I overslept 30 minutes this morning and Duffer just didn't go in (he had to get a root canal and was very sore).
Duffer and I both concluded we will probably skip the spring race from now on. We were miserable in the weather...well we still did all that we wanted...but it sucks waiting and waiting on the weather to clear up. They really have this race way too early in the year. We can't wait for August though because we are going to camp out the entire weekend and probably even have Rylee up there for the majority of the time. No traffic to deal with and no worries!!!
We have also decided to get a camper...FOR SURE. We have debated for about a year on whether or not to get one. So many of our friends have one and we could go camping together, camp out at the races, and take it on vacation for way cheaper than the condos we normally rent!!
The other thing we realized we need to get is a bigger zoom lens for me! Although mine is pretty good, we go to the races SO much that I would really like to get closer pictures. Maybe that could be a Mother's Day gift...just in time for the fall race????? :o) wishful thinking...










6 comments:
Nicole...You would love it! Camping is such a much friendlier atmosphere...plus we could camp with ya'll! yayaya! We are camping this next week 7 days for $120.00 and the rates go up $5.00 a night for the summer months, plus you know who has slept in your bed, and the sheets are CLEAN!...it's cheap, you cook out everyday,...we really enjoy it, and your kids are not stuck in a motel room!!!GLAD YA'LL HAD FUN THIS WEEKEND, HOPE DUFFER FEELS BETTER!
You are right...not so much into the racing stuff...But I am glad you guys had a good time....Miss you all...Thanks for printing those letters for me...They look Awesome...I really appreciate it...Love ya....
Sounds like you guys had a great time....except for the cold.
Glad to see you got alot of pictures of your man Dale Jr.
You got some great pictures.
Except for the one of Gordon (I had to say that for Michael).
How sweet of you to get that one for Duffer. You are such a good wife!
We love our camper, even though technically it's still new to us because we only got to use it three times last fall before winterizing it. However, it is not cheaper. When you factor in the cost of the camper along with gas, it'll take you several years to make up the difference between it and vacationing in a hotel. Even considering eating out versus restaurants. Bruce warned me up front that we shouldn't go into it thinking it'd be a cost savings. We spent a couple hundred after purchasing the camper just to stock it... and you know me well enough to know that I didn't buy expensive stuff. And that was last year. We still have stuff on our wish list to stock it with for this year. But a little bit at a time. All that to say, you won't see the savings up front. Trust me. But it is great fun. Good family time, which was the whole reason we got it while the kids are young.
i AGREE it's not cheaper @ 1st...If we would have bought our camper brand new, it would have been $40,000, and you never get your money back, but when it's paid for it's yours..My big thing was People in beds, and BedBugs...You don't How that Hotel has been cleaned! One dateline special and we bought ours.....Depends on what you want for your family!!!
I am cracking up! Love the comment above, because I saw that show on television, and now I actually pull back fitted sheets at hotels to look for "stuff". We didn't buy our camper new either. Too expensive. There is definitely an "ick" factor to hotels that you don't have to deal with when you're sleeping in your own camper.
Post a Comment