Friday, February 1, 2008

Workout Mode

For those who know me fairly well...you know it has been years since I have worked out. Well it seems like all of my friends are working out and everyone I work with is doing so as well...that peer pressure can be a pain, huh?!?! ;-)

So I started yesterday...we are allowed to work out on our 'breaks' which are 2 ten minute sessions per workday. We got a new Arc Trainer in our building about a month ago...in addition to the stationary bike, elliptical and aerobic room. Now there are no excuses since I don't even have to leave my building!!! So yesterday I was supposed to work out with Gina and Alison but they weren't down there so I just got on the Arc Trainer (that will be called AT for future reference). I only lasted 5 minutes and thought i was going to D-I-E...I realized it was because I didn't pace myself...just took off like a bandit!

So on Fridays I only work until 10:30. Gina and I went down after we got off. I must say I am very proud of myself!! This is what I did:


  • 15 minutes on the AT

  • 2 reps of jumping rope (that isn't as easy as when i was younger)

  • 4 reps of arm exercises with weights

  • 30 situps on that big ole ball

  • 10 minutes on the elliptical

We did all this in about 45 minutes and we are going to do it every Friday in addition to going on our breaks.


When we were leaving we could hardly walk to our vehicles, for being so worn out and weak!!! I feel so much better though now that I did something!


I have changed my eating patterns this week...going back to the way I used to eat and cutting out the junk...and I have already lost 3 pounds!! Woohoo!! I am totally motivated now...and isn't that the hardest part?!?!


Stay tuned for my progress...putting it on here makes me accountable...




3 comments:

~cassie~ said...

Good for you!!! You will feel so much better!! I love to work out-even if I have only lost 5 pounds. . .I guess that is better that nothing. . I have really kicked up the water drinking, and counting calories again. . so we will see. . . Hopefully this will make a difference. . .Have a good weekend.

Kristie said...

Keep rockin it girl! You will feel amazing! I am a total gym nazi now. I love it! Love ya! thanks for the sweet comments on mine! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I should probably get on the "Excerise & Quit Smoking" Bandwagon, I just can't get motivated!!!!! My husband has a Gazelle, Elpitical, Treadmill, and a Bowflex gym all in our garage, and I can't get motivated to use it, ain't that sad!!!!