Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another Weekend Begins...

So last night I didn't want to cook...which reminds me I need to put the roast in for tonight's supper...so we decided to go out. None of us could agree on where to eat, so our first attempt was Texas Roadhouse (since we never eat there)...got there and it was a 45 minute wait. Duffer and I have both worked in restaurants long enough to know you always add 10-15 minutes onto what time they give you!

Next attempt was Cheddars...even longer wait...third try Sagebrush...10 minutes - much better!!

They sat us at a table for 10...didn't ever figure that one out...so Duffer sat on one side and I sat on the opposite side with 3 kids...very relaxing! At least the peanuts occupied them some. It never fails when Duffer and I get our salads...because everyone else got kid's meals...Jett and Davis were eyeballing them while salivating. We ate a few bites and then forfeited them over. Poor Jett wanted 1000 Island dressing like mine but Duffer had gotten Ranch and Duffer told him it was the same dressing just white...terrible!

Jett asked for more 'sauce' meaning dressing and about 10 minutes after Duffer had passed it to him he said, "Oh Dad I forgot to tell you something when you did that for me...thanks!" Of course that shocked us...and he seems to be coming up with more and more 'grown-up' things like that here lately.

When I got my food...all 3 boys got steak and Rylee got pizza so I got chopped steak...Davis looked over at my plate and asked me if I had gotten sausage!! It was the flattest, biggest piece of chopped sirloin I had ever seen...it took up 2/3 of my plate!!
While I was eating I felt something like crumbs on my rear end. Not thrilled that I had walked through the restaurant with chocolate all over my butt, I had a few chioce words for Davis...you see he had left his uneaten chocolate chip pop tart in the seat from the morning and it was dark so I didn't see it and sat right on it!!! When I got to the car I was even more mad because it was stuck in the seat. As I was fussing and trying to get in through all the crap they leave in there...Jett yet again made an adult comment. He said "Mom, I am sorry you have to do so much and no one helps you." I just about died!

After dinner I dropped Duffer off at the apartment...believe it or not he is pretty antisocial these days...and I went by Vanessa's house (my old house) and we hung out with her, her son Ryan and her niece Brooke. The kids had a blast playing with them. We didn't get home until 11pm. The kids were so wound I couldn't get them to sleep until after midnight...Duffer was asleep when we got home...he had to work today. Unfortunately when he got up this morning at 6am Rylee woke up with him!!! I got her a drink, turned the Grinch on and thankfully she went back out!
I have a new blogging spot...on my new laptop from work...because Davis is always on Webkins on my desktop. Here is my new spot...



Here is Davis playing on the Webkins website...I guess I should be happy he isn't into My Space yet huh? Oh and he had just woken up this morning...reason for the bedhead.



When I went to see what Jett was doing this is what I found...jumping around like a maniac on his bed but then he froze when he saw me...



Finally here is a scrapbook page I made of Rylee sleeping this morning...




No comments: