Wednesday, February 6, 2008

And NOW Jett?!?!?

Okay this is the 3rd attempt for this post...1st time kept getting an error....2nd time it messed up my entire layout on the blog...so last try...

Still having a lousy week, yesterday when I picked up the kids from daycare, Susan told me Jett had been really tired. This is nothing new to me because he is extremely hard to wake up due to never going to bed at a decent hour (and not for our lack of trying!!). I was so preoccupied with rushing around to get to church by 6:30...not easy when I don't get home until 4:45 and Duffer not until 5:55. I did take Jett's temp which was only 99...when you have 3 kids you don't stress until it gets to 102 at least! ;) I did medicate him hoping it would make him feel better and off to church we went.

Yes I know last night wasn't Wednesday but it was the first night of our Financial Peace University class. The class was really good...with the exception of Duffer embarrassing me by telling a bit too much about us to total strangers!!! Anyway...they provided child care so when the class ended we went to gather our kids up from the nursery. Hunter told me that Jett just about fell asleep on him...I thought it was cute since Hunter is only 10 but Jett just loves him!

On the way home, right when we were on the ridge...you know the curviest area of Memorial Blvd...when Rylee started breathing like she does when she has a seizure! Panic set in and I turned the lights on and started getting her attention. Duffer freaked so much he almost wrecked until I calmed him down. We cooled the car quickly and gave her some Motrin...she only has febral seizures due to too quick of a change in temp...I have worried about her through Davis and Jett having temperatures the past 2 weeks. I moved to the back to keep 'watch' and she was fine. Was she really going into a seizure...who knows...but at least she didn't have one.

We stopped and got Mickey D's for supper and ate @ 9:30pm...way too late I know...then put everyone to bed. Duffer parked it in front of SportsCenter while I had to reload my iPod...my favorite songs mysteriously disappeared. It took me until 11:30 to upload 20 CDs but now I am back in business...must have good music to work out to!

Just as I went to bed and got cozy (as much as I could considering my backside was sizzled from the tanning bed...as my boss said I am old enough to know better) when I heard Jett crying for Daddy. I ran to him to find him throwing up in the hallway...lovely! By the time he was done, the bed, hallway and bathroom was covered. Duffer put him in the tub to clean him up while I got the privelage of cleaning up everything. I threw it all in the washer and ran it even though it was midnight. I am sure we are truly loved by our neighbors since this is the 2nd time since we have lived here that I have had to do laundry in the middle of the night due to sickness! Oh well...

I am home with Jett today and he hasn't gotten sick anymore just running a low grade fever. I tried to talk him into going on to daycare so I could go on into work but no such luck. Now I will have to work all day on Friday...which I despise doing. When is this going to end...right when one gets better another gets something?!?!?

So here are some pictures I took before church on Sunday...Davis was at his dad's...I am still working on getting enough 5x7s to fill my photo screen.







1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry, Nicole. I KNOW what it is like. My kids have been quarantined since their last sickness because I can't take it anymore. They haven't gone to MDO or school in a month. We are all going crazy but it is better than fevers and puke! Hang in there- Spring is coming!!!
So glad that she didn't have a seizure.