Thursday, January 3, 2008

News of the Wallens...

Well, yesterday we had our first snow fall of the year. Sounds great, huh? Well...not really...we woke up to 1 inch (whoa - don't give us too much!)...school hadn't started back from Christmas break yet (they went back today) so they were already out...I had to go back to work today so the kids couldn't even play in it (and of course it was gone by the time we got home). :^( We have had two tremendously cold days though...it was 9 degrees when I got to work this morning...isn't that ridiculous?!?!?

So if you looked at my previous blog...you know about Rylee getting sick Monday night. Well yesterday after I picked my kids up from daycare, we went to my Grandma's house to pick up supper she had cooked for us (yes I am spoiled). Just as we pulled onto my Grandma's street, Rylee threw up again everywhere!! It was so bad that Jett...remember he is my child with a nose on him like no other...said he was going to jump out of the moving vehicle or he would throw up!! Here I am imagining...one sick child and one with broken limbs...just great! I talked Jett into toughing it out until we pulled in my Grandma's. It was so bad that we ended up just throwing the car seat away because the fabric ripped when I took it off to wash it. We stripped Rylee down and put all of her stuff in the washer so I had to bring her home (in 20 degree weather) in one of Grandma's button up flannels. Grandma said if someone saw me walking her in the apartment that they would turn me in to DHS.

The strange thing is that Rylee never got sick anymore, she acted fine, and so off to daycare she went today. now if she gets sick again...I won't know what to think!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello..
I'm just catching up on the World of the Wallens =-).
I hope Rylee is still feeling better...I have been sick myself.
No Fun!!
Looks like you guys have gotten moved and settled into your new place. Hope you are feeling much better now.
Take care!!

~cassie~ said...

I giggled when I read the comment your grandmother made. . . She is so sweet. . I am glad that Miss Rylee is feeling better. . . I am telling you, Cade and Rylee have the same thing. . .Random Puking!!! Hee hee...Love you!!