Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This year we had a very calm New Year's Eve as compared to the past years. We went over to our friends' house, Bo and Cindy, and the kids played while we watched some football game...I think it was Auburn and someone. You know me...not a big fan unless I am there in person or it is one of my kids playing! The game went into OT and it ended with about 25 minutes to go until the new year!

Bella and Rylee played so well together...of course they always do but considering how late they were up, I thought they did great.

Rylee giving Bella a hug...

Jett stayed upstairs with Tucker, Davis and another one of their friends from school, Jason. He would slip back downstairs every now and then for some solo time.

Davis and Duffer sported their UT apparel for today's game...Tucker and Bo are Florida fans and Cindy hates UT because she is a Notre Dame fan.

Here is the best picture I could get of Duffer and Rylee...neither one of them would look at me at the same time so I gave up.

Bella and Rylee went nuts over Emmie...Cindy's dog which is a mix of poodle and yorkie. Rylee loves animals and always wants to hold them but Bella was in control of this dog...that is until the girls were stuffing her into a desk drawer and then Cindy put Emmie outside for a break. This of course led to Bella having a meltdown and then she fell asleep...she hadn't had a nap so I was amazed she lasted that long.

Duffer was standing up telling some of his infamous stories here...being the center of attention as he always is. ;-p

The boys came down when it got time for the ball to drop and here is Tucker slam dunking the basketball. He requested I take his picture and then said, "Thanks, Photographer!" He is quite a character and as Duffer and I both learned last night, he is way wiser than his years!! (Check out Jett playing on the vanity!)

Davis had to chime in and get his picture taken next...

We called the kids in to watch the ball drop...and they weren't really into it. They had more questions about the ball and why they were doing that instead of just ...Ringing in the New Year. Oh well, they will learn in time...

As we were cleaning up...Duffer started wrestling around with the boys. Duffer and Bo are nothing but 2 overgrown kids themselves...but Bo was about to fall asleep so he wasn't in on the action. Bo did say he wouldn't be surprised if Tucker took Duffer out because Bo had taught him all of his UFC (I think that is right) wrestling moves. I was kind of hoping he would because it would have been so funny!!

I think Tucker let him get him down! ;-o

So we cleaned up...and oh what a mess they had made...and headed for the house. Their is an awesome house near Cindy's that put up the Grinch on their roof with his bag full of stolen toys and presents and they even have the dog and half of the lights off their house like the Grinch was taking them down. The kids loved it! Duffer and I have talked about wanting to live in Ridgefields and he said that he would do our house really neat like that if we moved over there. They have a neighborhood committee that awards the best house...not sure what the prize is...but you don't find many neighborhoods that do stuff like that.

I was hoping the kids would fall asleep on the way home but since it is just a 10 minute drive...no such luck. I went to bed with all 3 kids in bed with me watching the Grinch...again! Around 4am I was woken up by something foreign on me...Rylee was throwing up...lovely!!! Duffer and I got up...he put Rylee in the tub because it was all over her...while I moved Jett to the other bed (he never woke up) and I had to wake Davis up so I could change the sheets. I need to go buy some new sheets because half of ours ended up in storage. So we got everything fixed back and Rylee wanted to sleep with me still so we all went back to sleep. Two hours later...a repeat...she got sick again. So up we go again...Duffer with Rylee to the tub and me changing the bed again. Only the last time I had put a full sheet on the bed (ours is a queen) and the only sheets left were for a twin bed. We ended up sleeping on blankets and covering up with blankets because now my comforter will have to be dry cleaned. :( We all went back to sleep and sleep until 11am...right when the UT game came on. Rylee seems to be fine this morning...she ate biscuits, eggs, sausage and gravy for breakfast so maybe she just ate too much junk last night??? Who knows...

We are enjoying our final day off together before we go back to waking up and leaving by 6am in the morning. I think we will all have a tough time going to bed early tonight!! Happy New Year!

No comments: