Friday, January 4, 2008

Light at the End of the Tunnel...

I thought I would give a little update on my headaches...I always forget who I tell and who I don't so half the people that really want to know sometimes get left out! I went back to the neurologist today and he basically told me that they have tried every type of medication used to treat migraines on me. The only option remaining is to try Botox. This is extremely expensive since we have the wonderful co-insurance deal at Eastman. I am going to give it a try though because the nurse told me several stories of patients who never had another migraine after having treatments.

I am having to wait another week or two for prior authorization from Eastman to go through and then I can get my first set of injections. I am pretty nervous about it but it will help Duffer and I so much for me to not be sick all the time. He really has to do most of the work around here since I have been averaging 4+ migraines a week! :-o

Please keep us in your prayers for everything to go well. It will be a strain on us financially but will be worth it to feel better!

No comments: