Saturday, December 1, 2007

Trip down memory lane...

This afternoon we had plans to go to some of our friend's house, Lindsay and Jason Hall, to watch the UT game. I have had a bad headache all day...still think it is the house...so Duffer went and took the boys. Rylee and I stayed home and napped. I hate that I didn't get to go because Lindsay and I were Southern Belles in high school. Randy Ashens and his girlfriend came too. They both live close to us now and it is so ironic but Duffer met Randy when they both worked at Cheers years ago. They even both moved to Myrtle Beach at the same time. Randy is having a Christmas party in a couple of weeks though so I will get the chance to see them again.

Duffer called and said that the boys have had a great time. Unfortunately I have accomplished nothing today. I did go to the neurologist again this week and I told him I quit taking my Neurontin...if you ever have to take that please ask for something else. It is awful...it makes you very tired and you just feel like a slug. It isn't even FDA approved for migraine treatment so I wasn't very pleased about being put on it but I gave it a try for a couple of weeks and then called it quits. Now they put me on Depakote which so far hasn't had the same side effects and is FDA approved for migraines. If after 3 weeks, this medicine doesn't work then they are signing me up for Botox injections. That sounds scary to me considering they give you injections in your forehead, above your ears, all over your neck and the base of your head, and sometimes even around your eyes...can you can OUCH?!?!? Supposedly though if it works (it does for some and not others) you don't have any migraines for 3 months and don't have to take any preventive medicine (like I do now). We'll see what happens...

No comments: