Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wildcats vs. Boone

Last night we had our second football game and we won, 12-0 against Daniel Boone Trailblazers. Everyone played really well. Jett wasn't there because he had soccer practice and Duffer missed it too because he had to work 16 hours! Duffer's mom brought Jett to the game around the beginning of the 4th quarter so they got to see the end of the game.
Noah and Davis listening to the coaches before the game was about to start.
Ian tackling the runner.
They were kicking the field goal here...Ian was holding the ball...if you look closely you can see the ball which is cool.
Davis is #18 with this league. James called me when he received the available numbers he had to see which one I thought Davis would want. You know me of course...I want to know if 8, 3 or any important number is available. When they weren't I just picked #18 out of the 3 he gave me not thinking a thing about it. Duffer of course said I should have picked the 5 (because quarterbacks usually have single numbers) and I said, " But Davis isn't a quarterback and I don't really see him being one." So when I told Davis what number I choose he was very excited because he said it was Peyton Manning's number. So I did a good job after all! :) Hunter taking a break on the sidelines...
I liked this picture too because the boys looked like stairsteps and because once again you can see that my son is pretty much the smallest one on the team.
Here is Davis right after his big tackle...he actually tripped right as he reached the other guy BUT he ended up tripping the other guy and preventing him from getting a touchdown which was really great! Davis even has a war wound from it to show off...he skinned his elbow when he fell. Davis in action...I liked this shot because both of his feet are off the ground...and it is one of the few shots where he isn't holding his mouthpiece. He has a bad habit of doing that and it is driving Duffer and me crazy.
Noah and Davis watching from the sidelines...I know this is bad but I don't know who #12 is.
I had to throw this picture in here just because I thought it was HILARIOUS that Kevin was fired up about something! I showed Davis and he said..."Yeah I remember that and he yelled right in my ear!" For all of you who know Kevin, he isn't a quite person even when he tries. He and James are great coaches though...and the other dads too that help!
Poor Emily had to be worn out...all the younger kids wanted her to swing them around and I got lucky and got this shot of Rylee swinging! This picture reminds me of one of those you look back at when all the boys are in high school and you take one of the same boys at a football game and most of them will have the same numbers. When we look back they will look so little now...especially my runt in the middle there! Hey Daddy...Sam's son, Clint is #30 on the far left.
Jett and Walker were both amused with Emily's Nintendo DS...I think that's what it was anyway...I get all these things mixed us since there are so many these days.

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

Love the pictures!! You got some great action shots!! Hope you had a good day today. . I know you said it was going to be a long one. . I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.