Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Country...

Wednesday we spent the day in Blackwater, Virginia for Duffer's step-grandmother's funeral. It was way back in the country so I took my camera hoping to get some good photos. I took a lot of pictures that are going to be AWESOME for scrapbook pages and of course far too boring to post on here. I thought I would make a page for Duffer though as a rememberance (if that is even a word).
Rylee letting me get a 'couple' of pictures of her before she took off! I tried to get some good pictures of the kids since they were dressed up. Plus since I am making my own Christmas cards this year so I am taking a TON of pictures because you never know when you will capture just the right one!
Rylee and her Care Bear.
Don't you just love the red mustache on Jett...he had just finished guzzling some Gatorade.
The only good shot I could get of all three of them since Rylee was full of energy and Davis doesn't even sit up straight! UGH!
I really need to work on Davis and his 'natural' look because he basically doesn't have one! :)

Unfortunately I got a picture of Duffer before he put his dress shirt on so you can't even tell he is dressed up!
Duffer took a picture of me...the one and only picture he took of me...and I was facing the sun so I look lovely squinting, don't I?
Where else would you see a road named Flower Gap Road but in Blackwater, VA???
You KNOW you are in the country when you see a tractor crossing sign!!
I got a shot of this house as we drove to the cemetery. It is the house where Duffer's Granny and Nella grew up in. I think the family used to keep it mowed back but obviously no one has in a while.
When I say this cemetery is back in the country I am NOT exaggerating! It isn't the easiest to get to either.
Here is Hurd Cemetery where Duffer's Pop, Granny and now Nella are buried...it is the Wallen/Hurd family cemetery so he has more relatives buried there also. Now you know how he got his middle name, Hurd.
This was the house that Nella moved into with her first husband. Sadly it is all grown up just like the other house.
We stopped at the one and only store in the town for some drinks and snacks on the way home. Duffer wanted a picture in front of this store because he has come to this store since he was a little boy...one day it will no longer be open I'm sure.

No comments: