Sunday, October 28, 2007

Picking Out Pumpkins

On our way back from Greeneville on Saturday, we stopped by Cassidy Church to get some pumpkins from their pumpkin patch. They boys loved getting a pumpkin this way...first time to a pumpkin patch for all of us. I stayed in the car because Rylee was asleep but I hung out the window to take pictures.
It was starting to cool down so that is why they look so cold.
Duffer was joking and said that he was going to get this one...the biggest one there! In the end, he did end up getting it!
So many pumpkins...so little time! They closed at 6 and we got there at 5:58...they were nice enough to let them pick some anyway and didn't rush us at all.
Davis posing for me...he doesn't have his pumpkin that he picked because he had already taken it to the cash register.
Jett posing for me with his pumpkin he picked out.
This is the first one that Jett picked for Rylee...
I told Duffer I didn't want a big one to carve, just to get me a couple of little ones for me to use as decorations. These are the two that Jett picked out for me. I loved this picture even though he shut his eyes.
We still did a retake though!
Davis carrying one of the pumpkins.

Davis posing with the pumpkin they picked out for Rylee...Jett's would just be too hard to carve so they picked an additional one out. ;)
I took this of Davis through the driver's side window so it isn't too clear. Duffer had told the boys not to pick them up...he was thinking the same thing I was...but they didn't listen and had to do it for themselves.
I also took this one through the side window (remember they are tinted so that is why they are darker). I just knew Jett was going to drop these and bust them before he made it to the vehicle...but he surprised me and didn't. :)

I had the boys pose before getting in the car to leave. This was definitely a lot more fun for them than just grabbing one at Wal-Mart.
I know you are going to wonder why Rylee isn't right in the middle of all this fun so I took a picture of what she was doing through all of this. She didn't have a nap since we were doing football all day so she passed out on the way home from Greeneville!
I think Jett was just trying to figure out how on earth he was going to get all of that junk out.
Davis liked this part...he isn't afraid of the mess.
They scraped the guts of the pumpkins outside on the deck...I didn't stay out there long since it was quite chilly!
Now for the fun part...carving the face. The men in action...I prefer to do the photo taking because I don't enjoy getting that messy.
Jett was poking out one of the eyes that he and Duffer had just punched out. This is the first year that Duffer has actually let the boys do their own pumpkins.
Look at Davis and his tongue...he does that anytime he is concentrating on something...homework, coloring, you name it - he does it! I told him that he is going to accidentally bite it off one day doing that.
I had to take a picture of Davis' before he began to cut on it...this face looks like it is possessed the way he drew it! We usually buy the fancy stencils and make these elaborate pumpkins, but this year we just didn't have time. This is the latest we have ever carved our pumpkins. I didn't take any pictures of them lit because I fell asleep...I even stood up my friend Sara...we were supposed to go to a Halloween party together and I never woke back up! Like I said it was a very long day!

No comments: