
This is too funny not to blog about...not sure there are many 3 year old Twilight addicts out there but maybe so! LOL And yes I realize that I am about 6 months behind everyone on this but I don't run out and copy everyone usually. It was merely my curiousity that got me sucked into this fade that was going around. (I know I am very behind on birthday posts ~Duffer and Jett's and I will get them on here but today I am really cleaning and doing laundry and had to blog about this before I forgot!).
Last week I got nothing done...seriously...NOTHING!!! Well except for reading about 3000 pages of the Twilight series books! For those of you who know me well know what a big accomplishment this is for me. I haven't read a book since middle school and even when I am force to read I don't really read, I skim. I just detest reading. It's my ADHD...can't focus, can't sit still...you name it...I can't make myself get into it well enough to care.
So I am sure those who read my status updates are dying to know how on earth it happened that I read not only ONE of these books let alone all four in one week???? Here is the background...briefly as I can...hee hee...
A while back, when the DVD was released, we were at my friend, Julie's house. Her friend, Heather was obsessed with Twilight so we went to the midnight party (or whatever it was) at Books-a-Million and I tagged along having no clue what Twilight even was. They made me play those stupid trivia games trying to win Heather stuff...which ironically I did...and we got her movie and came home and stayed up until 3am watching something I hadn't even heard of. I thought I was crazy. I thought the movie was just okay because I didn't know any of the background.
Of course from that point on that was all I heard of...Twilight this, Twilight that....Edward Cullen...Bella, Bella, Bella. IT drove me crazy!! I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Then a couple weeks ago went back to Julie's and she'd read all four books and I was shocked. She and Heather wouldn't shut up about them. I felt left out because I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. (Not to mention everyone else in Kingsport had read them too!) So they wanted to watch the movie again...this made Julie's 5th time watching it. I still didn't understand why they were so into it. She got up and left the room....came back and handed me her Twilight book. She asked me to please read it and then talk to me after I read it. I told her I would try but that I honestly didn't think I could read an entire book that long.
That was last Saturday.
On Sunday, I read two chapters. It was pretty boring. Monday two more chapters. Still boring. On Tuesday I couldn't put it down and finished it that day and went out and bought New Moon. Luckily this was a very rainy week because I stayed up until 2am reading it. I finished it the next day and went out and bought Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I read Eclipse on Wednesday and Thursday and read Breaking Dawn on Thursday and Friday. These books helped me survive the week of Davis being out of town on his 5th grade trip. I could NOT put these books down without finding out what happened and I actually retained all of the info!
Now how my family got "sucked" in. When I bought the books, I also bought the movie. On Friday night, Julie and her boyfriend, Randy, came over and we watched it because Duffer hadn't seen it. Then last night we watched it again (my Mother's Day gift from Duffer I guess?). When I watched it last night, Jett and Rylee watched it and liked it. So when Jett went to bed he wanted to watch it again!! Then Rylee fell asleep so early that she woke up at 1am and had me turn it on again and watched the entire movie again!!! This morning on the way to school, Jett asked me if tonight we could watch it AGAIN on the big screen downstairs?!?!?!?!? He said he loved it!!!! I have created monsters....oh and if you are wondering...Davis watches parts of it but he thinks it is a little scary. When the second movie comes out my entire family will be seeing it in the theatres because we are all addicted....hahahahaha.










2 comments:
I read all the books and got hooked a while back! I'm glad you enjoyed them!
Do you not remember me reading the books all 4 in 4 nights of graveyards? and then standing in your living room dying to tell you what happened in the end, so you wouldn't have to read them?
Hehe..I knew you would love them if you would read them...Yes we're all hooked..and all have twilight t-shirts..and bags..it's scary I know, since this was a "teen" movie, and everyone I know is in there 30's raving about it!
Post a Comment