After such unpredictable weather over the past month or so, today was such a blessing!!! It makes me long for springtime so much more!! Unfortunately our weekend did not start out too well though...
Thursday when I picked the kiddos up, Davis complained about being sick. He had been complaining for the past three days about not feeling well but he really did feel warm and actually acted sick. Unfortunately, I was supposed to take drinks and bread to the church to a friend for a family that had a death in their family...which I still had to buy...just my luck!! I had some time so I ran back by work thinking there was a chance I wouldn't be able to go in on Friday if in fact Davis really was sick. Then I headed to the grocery store, got my goodies, headed to the church and dropped off my food and headed home. I doped Davis up with Motrin and prepared myself for the worst.
The next morning his temp was 101.7 so we called the doctor, went and saw our favorite one...everyone in town must be sick because we were there 2 hours...Davis got the wonderful experience of having blood drawn from the vein for the first time...and yes he freaked! I thought it was much better than the flu test that I was mentally preparing myself for.
Unfortunately, we left two hours later, paying the $20 copay with no meds. Bummer.
As I mentioned in my last post, basketball has ended and soccer actually began today. I just signed the boys up last night. Today was the first practice but we didn't go.
We didn't go for several reasons. 1) Davis is sick (yes we signed them both up).
Davis isn't playing travel baseball for the first time in two years so since this is the final year he can play soccer he said he would like to. We didn't sign Davis up for travel ball for multiple reasons...after we hear the verdict on the pay reductions at Eastman...we may get a pool put in and if we do we don't want every weekend being tied up with ball. For the past two years we haven't been able to enjoy anything with friends due to baseball...except hanging out with friends at the ball field...which we also love...but we needed a break. Duffer wants Jett in travel ball and I don't want to do it non-stop and Davis isn't that interested in it (he is more in it just to have fun...not so competitive) so we are signing him back up with City Rec. Plus this way it is easier on us...both boys will be playing soccer and baseball at the SAME place which means less running for us....because we are starting Rylee in Gymnastics beginning in April.
2) We still need to go out and buy cleats, balls and socks...wasn't going to do that at the crack of dawn this morning....we didn't even wake up until 9am....that was SO nice!!!
3) Since we signed up late last night, I didn't feel like wandering around the field trying to figure out whose team they were on.
4) Since today was the prettiest day we have had in FOREVER, I figured the kids would rather be playing out in our backyard than running around at practices...they will be doing that for the next 8 months straight...so what is one day off gonna hurt them....besides we JUST finished basketball last Saturday...they need a break!
So anyway...that is about soccer...both boys are playing. The good thing is they practice on the same night, same time. The bad thing is their games are also on the same day, same time. Duffer and I are gonna have to watch one boy for half the game and then switch...
Baseball sign ups are at the end of this month so practices will begin next month and games will begin in May. They will be playing summer football again...this year will be Jett's first year playing JV instead of a mascot...woohoo!! This year Davis wants to play fall football with the Lynn Garden Lynxes so that is the plan. A full year of sports for us as usual.
Spring Break is coming up in a couple of weeks and I am taking off a couple of days...not sure Duffer will be able to go because of a shutdown at work and he will be working 12 hour days. I want to take the kids to the indoor water park close to us so we may have to con our friends to go with us. I can only hope the weather is as nice as it is now!!!!
Can you believe I am sitting on my big fat awesome deck blogging in the wonderful sunshine while the kids are playing (part of it is covered)???? :O) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE warm weather!!!! All I need is Jimmy Buffett playing in the background, some sand under my feet, and the ocean in front of me and I would be in heaven...oh and some palm trees in view wouldn't hurt!!! ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment