Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!!

Christmas morning...time for Santa's gifts. I was the first one up so I got some preview shots before the madness began.

Rylee's awesome doll house. I had the Barbie Dream House that was in three separate sections and this is SO much cooler...this one is a retro looking house.

Davis and Jett both got Nintendo DS...their Gameboys were kaput and we were advised not to waste money on the PSP since new versions were getting ready to come out.

Santa must have loved his cookies! ;)

Rylee half asleep...she was the last one up...we had to wake her.

She got her very own set of Dominoes.

No I couldn't get Jett to put on clothes...that was just asking way too much!

Davis got the movie Speed Racer.

Rylee got some new pots and pans for her kitchen since hers were broken by Jett a few months ago.

She is holding up the teeny tiny whisk that I just loved...but her hand hid it.

Daddy showed her how to use it...too cute...why didn't they have this cool stuff when we were little...I remember tacky plastic dishes!

A little excited as she tears into more presents.

Her very own pink laptop so she can be like Mommy! :) The mouse is so cute on it!!!

Davis couldn't figure out why we bought him the following gift...

...we thought he'd like it since he loves to work crossword puzzles. He claimed we got it because we thought he was stupid????
Jett got his very own set of Dominoes also...can you tell we want them to stay away from our set???

We also bought Rylee a little kitchen for her house...it was so cute with little bar stools to eat on and everything. I love this stuff because it is wood so hopefully it will hold up.

Davis got his own Dominoes too...they fight over everything so we just try to get them individual items.

Another baby doll!!! And she DID request pink babies.
DS games...the same wrestling game as his PlayStation he got....he was all set!!!

Davis cracks me up with his looks of "surprise".

Another DS game....Spiderman.
These little games were so cute that I had to take a picture of how tiny there were.

Before you say anything, in my defense I don't get a lot of personal money since Duffer took over the bills and we had to use what money I did have saved for bills due to moving. So I slacked this year...mostly from procrastination of not having a clue what to get him...so Duffer ended up with no gifts on Christmas morning. I promised him that I would buy him something in the next couple weeks.

He did, however, buy me the two...actually three things I wanted. {One was my pink Blackberry that I got about a week ago.} The second thing...and don't look at me since I had NO makeup on and had my hair pulled back getting ready to put makeup on....was a bigger iPod. I have been frustrated with my 1GB iPod that I got a couple years ago. Don't get me wrong I LOVE it but I filled it up quickly and the only way I could add more songs was to delete some, which I didn't want to do. So Duffer got me an 8GB one...yipee!! I already have my songs transferred and new ones added!!!

He also got me the third thing I wanted....which leaves the car adapter to get me for my birthday (hint, hint)...which was the dock for the iPod so I can listen to it at home. The only radio in our house (for me) is on the receiver of the TV and my under the counter radio in the kitchen. I don't know about most people but I have poor time management skills so unless I listen to upbeat music while getting ready it will take me hours because I get sidetracked. This one is cool because it is also an alarm clock...and now I can finally give Davis his radio back (I used it in the bathroom).

And look at the cute little tiny remote that came with it!

Grandma, Vanessa, Papaw and Ryan arrived. Here is Vanessa with Jett while he showed off his room.

Papaw

Ryan

Grandma...BTW remember in my Christmas Eve post I said my lens was acting up?? Well I had to use my 50mm lens last night and today so that is why they are all at close range. There is no zoom to it so obviously I will be replacing that lens soon!!!!

Vanessa got the kids all ornaments.....here is Rylee's...a cute fat furry snowman.

Davis' was my favorite...a little computer geek...he is gonna be just like me. :O)

And Jett's was Spiderman....remember it was his obsession before wrestling.

Rylee was sad because Vanessa handed out all their gifts without realizing Duffer had ran to the store for ice. They only had to wait about 4 minutes and then he was back.

Ryan and Grandma soaking in all the commotion.

Davis was a little unsure why he received a pack of paper for a gift....

Davis got to use Duffer's pocket knife this year to open the gifts...growing up!!!

He helped Jett get into his gifts.
Jett got a cool remote skater guy.

Rylee got another computer...kind of...this one is more of a electronic writing teacher.

I started to worry about Vanessa's shopping skills at this point...I offered to go with her next year. ;)

She was helping Jett.

Ha....Davis didn't get a heating pad...it was a CD/DVD burner for his computer.

Vanessa helping Rylee with her game.

Jett got a laptop too!!

Now you know what the paper was for...Davis got a printer for his computer too!

He was tickled!!
Rylee opened another present and at this point she was looking at me saying, "I got three puters!!!" We all had the same idea and Rylee got another laptop...we finally convinced her to take this one back and buy something else.
She still wanted to show her 3rd laptop though.

Gift time was over so I headed to the kitchen to get everything ready....we had a few flubs as we always do. I didn't thaw the turkey completely but it thawed this morning...thank goodness...Duffer forgot to the the baking potatoes so we resorted to instant mashed potatoes. Here I am making my dumplings...one of my favorites!

Tons of food and we didn't even put a dent in it. We will be eating leftovers for days!!

Grandma and Rylee watching The Wizard of Oz.

I caught her dancing like the scarecrow...she knows most of the moves!! See her pointing at me to stop???
Here she was running up to the TV and hugging her "boyfriend", the Scarecrow.


We told Rylee to go get her dress up clothes and she came out like this posing for us. LOL

She is a mess!!! The boys were off playing their video games...Davis was madly trying to play his little Guitar Hero for DS before his dad came to pick him up.

We had a great day. After everyone left, Duffer and Rylee napped while Jett played and I set up my iPod and watched movies. We have played all night and now the kids are worn out and fighting bed time. Fun! I have spent way too much time on here...I guess that is what I get for taking 350 pictures!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Davis the brainage game is cool..I have the both and love them..as well as my pink DS..thats how I travel..Ipod, and DS