Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we were very busy. Duffer had to work until 3:30 and much to his joy (not) he had to make a Wal*Mart run...we had forgotten a gift, stocking stuffers, and peanut oil (for the turkey fryer). He said it was like sheer madness!

He came home and changed frantically and we headed off to Nene's...an hour late. Heather, David and little David joined us there for spaghetti, salad, ham and potatoes. It was yummy! Of course we had yummy desserts including peanut butter pie.

Here was our unsuccessful attempt at a family photo. My lens was messing up and not focusing so it wouldn't take a picture. No one but me knows how to focus manually and it was hard for me to do that and be in the photo also. Luckily the lens that is messing up is the crappy one that came on the camera and not one of my expensive ones!!

At dinner, Rylee thought it funny to put Nene's glasses on! Love the spaghetti all over her face.
Here is a group picture...yes I know it's blurry...of us all eating. Little David was up getting seconds though.
Duffer and Jett...somewhat matching...and no I didn't plan it. (I usually do match us but I didn't care yesterday).
Davis and me...and I guess we matched as well...haha.

Next Duffer had to try on the glasses....this got something started for sure. He thought he looked good (and like his friend Brian...yes your husband Amy!) and now wants to go buy fake glasses in black. And men say women copy each other!
Jett's turn...still think Rylee was the funniest.
It is so hard to be a kid and suffer through all the waiting...
Rylee enjoyed using Nene's planter seat and old turntable table as a desk and chair.
Jett anxiously waiting on present time....he must have asked at least 200 times to open them!
So excited!
What a mess!
David and Heather

This was the calmest they were all night.
Little David opening his gifts. This year we didn't exchange gifts with the adults because of hard times and the fact that we just bought a house and moved.

Nene holding a horse that Rylee got...it has a bouncy thing that goes underneath it so you can jump around on it.

Maynard
Rylee showing off her Dora backpack that was filled with all kinds of different percussion instruments. Duffer and I were thrilled! ;)

So off we went to Pop and Nani's house for round two. Here is Alexis...in her new glasses she got this year.
We had a blast playing their Wii...here is Jett when we all four played bowling.
Davis playing...with his signature move...tongue out. haha

Rylee was more interested in turning the Wii Fit into a baby bed.


Duffer's turn at bowling.
Can you tell by his look that he just knew he was going to win???
Still attending to her baby doll...she has this thing with stripping all of her dolls clothes off....this one was no different...she was naked by the time we got out of the car.

And here is the winner out of all the boys...yep that's right...I won bowling a 150 and Jett was a close second with 148. We are SO getting a Wii soon!! I was so tickled with the little profiles that it makes but using your exact weight and stuff...too cool!!

Time to open gifts over there....Jett got a PlayStation game...wrestling of course...he is obsessed with wrestling!!!
Rylee getting started....
Davis got an awesome matted Tony Romo print that I just may have to steal! We are gonna get it framed nicely at Ben Franklin and hang in his room.

Rylee got a trunk full of dress up clothes...here she is posing in one of the hats.

Davis got the Grand Theft Auto trilogy game set. You can see he was a little shocked.

Rylee holding up a cute outfit from Gymboree....love that store!!

And this must be for the trash can??? Alexis got this for Duffer and of course it will be in the garage...LOL.
The adults weren't supposed to get each other anything but they still got us a couple things. Alexis got me the picture frame and then the family got me an iTunes gift card...which I have already used. ;)

Duffer also got some money.
We came home with Jett and Rylee both crying because they were so tired and had no naps and way too much excitement for the day. We had them all in bed when we remembered we forgot to set out Santa's food. Here is Duffer and Rylee throwing out the reindeer food that Rylee made at church.
Milk and cookies for Santa.


The boys went to bed and I went to bed with Rylee. Duffer had a lot of assembly work left to do and I had every intention (as I do every year) to get up as soon as Rylee went to sleep. I think I may have even went to sleep before her!!! I woke up at 7am and all the hard work was done. Duffer was up until about 3:30am!!!

The Christmas day post will follow this one....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a Wii and sold it in november...Had the wii, wii fit, guitar hero and everything for 2 players and 17 games, for a great deal...Some little boy had a great christmas with it...and we still had all the boxes & recipts..we bought it and didn't play it after the 1st week! It only stayed on eclassifieds for 8 hours, before it was gone...

Nicole said...

OMG...I didn't even know you sold one! You have GOT to start checking with me first. ;) LOL