I think Davis is worried about the fact he still sleeps in pullups. He hides it very well...he has sleepovers often and none of his friends know except for the ones I have told. I talked to him today and assured him that a teacher will assist him in keeping this under wraps so he is now contemplating going.
I came home and cleaned up the house...will do my real cleaning tomorrow...then headed back out to pick up the kids. As I was driving down Stone Drive, this white Suburban flew up on my bumper and practically touched my bumper...he didn't but that is how close he was!! I saw him coming...because I am such a good driver and use my mirrors at all times to know what is around me constantly...so I wasn't alarmed. I calmly picked up my phone and when he answered, I calmly told my dad, "Now don't you know it's illegal to tailgate???" HAHA Yes it was my dad...and now you know why I drive the way I do! LOL His response was that he was checking my tags to make sure I was legal...haha.
So after picking up all the kids, I picked up Grandma and brought her to my house for the first time. She doesn't like the roads and says it is hard for her to drive over there so I went and got her.
She visited for a bit and then we decided to go out to Moto's for dinner. Yum!! If you are wondering Duffer was (and still is) at his dad's building a closet. The waitress got the biggest kick out of Jett at dinner...ordering like he was a 40 year old man!!!
So after dinner, I stopped by the post office to get some stamps from the machine in the lobby...does anyone know why the post office quit selling them like that???? The machines were gone completely. I needed them to mail my Christmas cards that have been ready for 2 weeks now. I know there are some stores that sell stamps so if anyone knows one leave me a comment and let me know! I need to get them in the mail!!
So we went back to my Grandma's and Rylee just had to go in to check on her babies that live with Grandma. The next hour was total chaos with all three kids prowling at everything they could find. I was no help because I was going through my old closet and taking a major trip down memory lane! I found a diary from 1988...I was 13 so that was comical...a journal from my senior year in high school...and an address book that had all of my family's addresses from when I was a child. I also found my football program from my sophomore year as a Southern Belle. That was funny...I thought about scanning some of those pictures to Facebook! HA
I finally got all of us back home and now the boys and I are watching A Dennis the Menace Christmas while Rylee is upstairs watching The Wizard of Oz! Hopefully Duffer won't be too late because none of us have seen him since 6:30 this morning!!









2 comments:
I got my stamps out of a machine...at the post office on Eastman Rd...that is the one I always go to...I was very thankful they had the machine...because the line was soooooooooo long....
Ingles sells stamps @ the Customer Service Counter, that's the only one I know off.
Post a Comment