Today I have seen better days. I stayed home sick all day...not fun at all. I had to miss our Sunday school Christmas party so I was bummed about that too. Just not been a good day.
After 12 hours of laying in bed or on the couch, I determined I can't possibly watch any more TV or Christmas movies. I was going stir crazy and hopped on the computer. I decided to post some pictures and on my trip upstairs to do this...I see Duffer fixing the wall. Yay...that made me smile!!
If you read the book, the story is that the elf watches the children in the home all day and then every night he flies back to the North Pole to tell Santa if they were naughty or nice. They return the next morning before everyone awakes. Since elves are mischievous, they are always hiding in funny places making it a game for the kids to look for him everyday. (This took Duffer and I a while to get used to doing this so the first morning, Marley tricked us by staying in the same place!)Today Marley was hidden in our lamp in the living room.
Davis got into our elf hats we were on Christmas Day and wanted to pose with Marley.
So as I did my daily blog reading today, I noticed that Bethanne asked for her reader's to post their tree and favorite ornaments. Here is my tree and it's final year. I have had this tree for about 8 years and it has a lot of sentimental value...my grandma bought it for me as my first tree...previously I always purchased a real tree (which are dangerous since I forget to water them!) Anyway, I got this tree when they first started coming out with the nice pre-lit trees...only this was before they came out with the wonderful ones that stay lit even when a couple bulbs burn out. For the past 3 years, most of our lights are out and we have to test each and every bulb. This year I just said forget it and wrapped a couple of strands of lights on it. Will also be buying a new tree skirt...I have meant to every year but then I get presents under the tree and I forget...because I can't see it.
Some of my favorite ornaments....I think I got this one at a party. I love it because it has that "country" look.
Almost all of my ornaments have some picture of one or all of us on it...I told you I was obsessed with photos!
This was for Duffer and me the year we got married. I have been meaning to get another one...with all five of us on it and keep forgetting also.
That is Davis' little hand helping me because this little guy was hidden. I loved all the "ice cube" people that came out a few years ago. Them and snowmen are my favorite ornaments...aside from personalized ones and photo ones. ;)
Remax sent us this one in the mail the other day. My realtor was with Town & Country but Remax listed our home. I love the ornament because it has that rustic look which matches my other ones, but also because they wrote on it...they wrote from them, our address (which I blurred out, and the year we were established here. Cute idea I thought (although I will be ordering a nicer version...thought about getting the kind with an actual photo of your house.)
Now I have a question for you all. How do you display your Christmas cards you receive?? I have always wanted to buy one of those card display stands but never have...can you tell I have ADD??? Can't even remember stuff long enough to order!! LOL So we always end up taping ours around the door frame.
Well it is late...almost midnight and I have two kids still up so I need to go! Have a great weekend!
Now I have a question for you all. How do you display your Christmas cards you receive?? I have always wanted to buy one of those card display stands but never have...can you tell I have ADD??? Can't even remember stuff long enough to order!! LOL So we always end up taping ours around the door frame.










2 comments:
I love your tree..It's awesome..BTW I have the 4ft tree's in pots on both sides of my front door..I got them @ Walgreen's on black friday for $20 4- both!
I tape mine around the door frame too...It is easy, and works for me...Your tree looks so pretty...I know that you are happy to be in your home....Hope you are feeling better....love ya.
Post a Comment