My friend, Allison, will be so proud of me. I finally updated with some pictures. Sorry for my slacking but it has been quite hectic around here. Not only did we move in time warp speed but on top of that we have had company. So my apologies for not doing so sooner. :o)
On the day we moved, our good friends the
Clymens, helped us
tremendously! I had to work until 1pm and then Jayme and her girls met me over at the new house to clean. We cleaned and then the cable guy came. Jayme stayed with the cable guy while I met Duffer downtown to close on the house and sign the papers. (I am not really sure why everyone told us it would take 3 hours because we were in and out in 35 minutes!)
Then we went to old house to finish loading the moving truck. Jayme and I made several trips in our vehicles full of boxes. Tommy and Michael came over after they got off work to help Duffer...along with his dad, brother and sister. We are so very lucky that we had help, especially considering this is our 4
th move in one year!!! We ordered pizza for everyone and Duffer brought the 2
nd (and final) truck load back to the new house at 1:30am. He nearly gave me a heart attack...here is the scenario...all 3 kids and I were in bed-the same bed...I heard Duffer pull in but then heard a terrible noise...so outside I run barefoot and in my
PJs...to see him backing in the moving truck...almost going off the side of the driveway and scrapping the muffler on the road! He scared me to death because in my head I saw the truck flipping and killing him before my very eyes! He didn't unload the truck, but came in and finally went to bed.
Here are some pictures....Allie and
Rylee taking a break to eat some chips...

While the big boys moved the furniture in, the little boys played the PlayStation the whole time...

The busy bees...moving us in...

So the next morning was Thanksgiving...we weren't planning on eating until 3pm so Duffer unloaded the truck while I unpacked. Duffer had to take the truck back and we went to his dad's a little late (2 hours to be exact) and ate a great meal. Then Duffer and Pop brought
Pop's pool table over to our house (they no longer have room for it).
My mom and her husband, George, arrived shortly after we got home. They are staying with us until Tuesday morning.
Here is Pop teaching
Rylee how to play pool...

She is a pro already... ;)
Jett and Davis are having a blast with the pool table as well...

So on Friday, my mom and I did some more shopping, buying 2 rugs and 2 mattresses. That night we all went out to eat at Chop House...yummy! On Saturday, we all slept in really late, unpacked some more, and lounged around. Today, we hung up pictures, put up the tree, did some more shopping, went to eat at Stir Fry (that was an experience...
Jett learned he liked
Edamame -or something like that-soy beans, and fried calamari...Davis also like the Fried Calamari...and
Rylee wouldn't try anything new!)
Some more pictures...the key holder is old but the words are new...we made a trip to Ben Franklin today...my favorite wall decor store...

Still have nothing to put on the shelf so for now it has Christmas decor on it...love my wall hanging...it has the rules of the house on it.

Also got these little hangings and the shelve is not new either...that holds our famous shot glass collection (we buy a shot glass and a magnet every place we visit).

Here is the dining area all put together...we had no luck finding a tablecloth today so for now...it has our Christmas stuff on it. (I didn't take a picture of the rest of the kitchen because it was a mess...will later.)

We got everything hung in living room upstairs (gonna work on downstairs tomorrow...yes I am off one more day...
yipee).

We went to Ben Franklin today solely for my W and 5 that I have wanted for so long...also for words to put on my mantle but I didn't care for the ones there so making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow). My mom painted my letters black and painted all my wood frames two toned...wood and black. I only hung family pictures (and 5 of them) around my W5.

Closer view...with my mom and George in it....
Jett helping to decorate the tree....

...and Davis too...

Where was
Rylee???? Where else...in her new bedroom that she is oh so proud of...watching the Wizard of Oz...also she has carried that dollar around with her nonstop for 4 days now!!

Another view...yes it still needs lots of work...gonna try to get some stuff hung tomorrow...of course we are gonna paint in a few months....
Rylee hasn't had a room since her baby bed was up so she doesn't even have bedding...so that is on the list along with an entertainment center, furniture for sun room, and many other odd things.

This picture cracked me up...I was trying to get another shot of her room and she popped up off the bed to see what I was doing and asked why I was taking a picture of her movie...hilarious!!!

And finally...Duffer's big project today was to run cable to the upstairs living room. He has pretty much "claimed" the big screen TV...go figure...so it was a must that the living room have cable....especially since we don't have a TV in our room for now. He promises to fix the wall SOON! This is right when you come in the front door...nice.

He also has to fix the living room wall too....

More picture will come as I get things together. I am thinking it will be this time NEXT YEAR before everything is to my liking.
Unfortunately the boys go back to school tomorrow and Duffer goes back to work so it will just be
Rylee and me and Mom and George. Tomorrow night we are going to see the lights...were gonna tonight but were too tired. I better get off here...not being a good hostess!!!
6 comments:
Your house looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it...I hate that we weren't able to help you guys move...We never got a message from you guys...I am so glad that you guys had a great Thanksgiving, and are getting settled into your new house....Love you!
IM SO PROUD OF Y'ALL! THAT IS SO AWESOME, AND OF COURSE I THINK DUFFER IS SUPERMAN, OR IRONMAN...
Love the new house...Everything looks so great in the house...You would have never thought you just moved in...and I love the W5 on the wall...
Your momma is so pretty...I haven't seen her in person since Jett was little...but she is so pretty! At least you know how Georgous you will be when you get her age!!!!!!!!!
Awesome Pool Table from POP! How exciting, Big Screen and Pool Table..Awesome!!!!!
There's nothing like your own house, and the best part NO MORE MOVING!!!!
I absolutely love the house. It looks so roomy and seems perfect for you guys. Rylee is cracking me up in her pics!
Your W5..that means Im B4...before what? hahaha..I need to go to bed...That could only be humerous @ 12:15am..No Im not @ work..Can't sleep!
OK I'm coming clean..I loved your W5 so I went and got me a B4 I know you said animals didn't count, but they do to be so instead of being b squared Im going to B4...You have started something! Your trend is catching ON!!!
When I get mine Painted, I'll send you a picture..except mine are going in my computer room..
Allison you are so funny. Your dogs will be so happy you included them. ;) Remember though I told you I can't take credit for...sometime last year, Cassie saw it on someone's blog and posted about it and I loved it. :o)
Post a Comment