Friday, November 21, 2008

End of the Week...FINALLY!

I am still working on my post about Davis' school program and DARE graduation...maybe I will get it done sometime this weekend.

I have to brag on Duffer a little bit. He is totally stressed with this house and we all know that me getting sick isn't helping!! I am somewhat of a baby when I get sick. Although we get paid time off when we are sick I have still gone to work, even feeling like death, because I am sure one of the kids will catch this from me and I will need to stay home with them. We have SO much going on at work that I barely have a second to think so I certainly didn't want to miss and get behind.

Duffer was kind enough to take the kids to Awana on Wednesday so I could veg on the couch. Then I had them on my own on Thursday so he could go to his coach's meeting. Jett will be on the Tigers in basketball...can't wait to see how he does. Practices start in 2 weeks (hopefully we'll be moved by then) and games start in January.

So today Duffer was off while I had to work all day...made up some time from a doctor's appointment that I went to yesterday. So I was there all day...except for the 2 hours when I left to go to my hair appointment. We girls know how important those appointments are! ;)

Anyway, I took off to work without my meds so Duffer...wait let me rewind...today at the boys' school was Goodies for Grandparents but with the unexpected snow this morning, my grandma was not about to get out and drive. Duffer picked her up on his way to take the kids...and took her to the school so she could eat breakfast with the boys. (Our school was very nice this year to give FREE breakfasts to parents and friends Wednesday - Friday...they changed a regulation to where the parents couldn't charge to the children's accounts for the meal...even though we pay that bill...and then they said no change would be able to be made for the $2.35 meal...so instead of upsetting a large number of parents, the PTA decided to pay for everyone's meal.)

Now back to what I started...then Duffer took Grandma home, then went to the store and bought me more cough drops and some DayQuil and delivered it to me at work. I had asked him to refill my migraine medicine since he was off, not having a clue what a problem that would be for him.

He went to the pharmacy where our friend, Kathy, tried to help him but it said prior authorization required. So Duffer went next door to my doctor to find out that it was my neurologist who actually needed to call in the authorization. While he was at the doctor the front office asked if I had a headache now. Duffer's reply was "Yes, she has a headache. She has had one for SEVEN years!" Can't you see him doing that?? They did give him some samples for me only it isn't my normal medicine, one that I have used before but it isn't as effective.

So back to the pharmacy he goes and he wasn't happy at this point. He told everyone at the pharmacy that he was so sick and tired of no doctor being able to help me and just giving me a different "pill" to soothe me over. He said that when I drop dead (from not having the correct treatment I suppose??) that he is going to sue everyone! Now keep in mind, we know everyone at the pharmacy and they knew he wasn't mad at them.

So the pharmacy told him to call the other doctor....which he walked outside and did...only for them to tell him that the pharmacy needed to send them an authorization form. Geez... so back in he goes to the pharmacy...and said "Now that office needs you to send them a pre-authorization for the pre-authorization!" So the pharmacy faxed one AND Duffer hand delivered one to the doctor's office. Of course, we are not any different than any other patient so the lady told him that it was put on the lady's desk and that was all they could do.

The funny thing about all of this is that the pharmacy did refill my tension headache medicine...which I just refilled 7 days ago...how that went thru insurance I have no clue...yet they can't refill my migraine medicine that I have refills for?????

Duffer needed some paperwork from my car during my hair appointment so he met me at the shop, got the paperwork, brought me a mini mike sandwich from Jersey Mike's for lunch, and even stayed and talked to Amber and me while she finished my hair. :o)

So after all that, Duffer headed to the school to pick up the kids. He came all the way home before he realized he forgot to meet the realtor. So back downtown he had to go, with all 3 kids since I was at work. :o( He signed the contract for the 5th time and he told our realtor that if this isn't finalized by Nov. 30th (which is in our contract) then the bank can forget it. So the realtor called the bank who told her that if it went into December, all fees would be waived.

Duffer actually went to the bank...luckily during their lunch hour so no one was there...because he would have told them to forget it!!!

I couldn't help myself, but when Duffer told me all of these events from today, I just laughed. He is so having one of "my" days that I have at least 4 days a week. The only way I can deal with things is to laugh it off. We certainly can't change things.

So after Duffer's bad day...he is having some alone time...while I sit here with the kids watching The Wizard of Oz for the 200th time since 2 weeks ago...literally...I suppose we will break down and start packing this weekend. Duffer is packing the garage...tools and stuff...tonight and I convinced him to let me start tomorrow...since I worked all day and feel like crap. We have gone to the Santa Train and parade for a few years now but we will be skipping it tomorrow...due to the very cold weather here. I did however register for the race...only because Eastman sponsors it so I got a cool long sleeve t-shirt...the theme this year is Stray's Anatomy based on Grey's Anatomy...one of mine and Duffer's favorite shows!

Have a great weekend! Hope everyone stays healthy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing the whole time..POOR DUFFER..Just a little day I hope MEN understand what we go thru on a normal basis!

As far as the house, another friend of mine is getting the same kind of house loan, and they too have been nickpicked to death, so your not being singled out! Just wanted to make you feel better!