Friday, October 3, 2008

Rylee's 1st Haircut

We finally squeezed Rylee's first haircut into our hectic schedules. My friend, Holly, came over last night to view the pictures I took of her son, Jai, back in July...yes way back in July! haha

While she was here she offered to snip Rylee's hair just a bit for me. I wanted it cut in no way whatsoever because I want it to get a couple inches longer than it is now. Her hair is super fine and very wispy making it very hard to pull back. I am hoping by trimming it, it will thicken and grow faster....at least Holly said it would! :o)

This is a scrapbook page I made of the night...love the one with her eating her pizza!

This was before we got started...



...another before shot...


...and after...you really can't tell except that it is more even and more one length. Holly took about 1/2 inch off...believe it or not. You would actually be surprised how long Rylee's hair really is...it curls up on the ends deceiving the eye.
Rylee had a blast...she just loves Holly and her son Jai. Rylee was excited to finally get her hair cut...she is always seeing the boys get theirs cut and never getting to herself.

Tonight my Grandma and I went shopping for Rylee. The boys have tons of clothes and shoes from where we shopped for back to school but poor Rylee was suffering. I had bought her a few outfits but they were wintery...sweaters and such. We went to my favorite store...Target...and got her 3 pairs of shoes (that she has pranced around in all night) and about 5 outfits and an awesome pink/brown plaid Pea Coat for church. I also bought her her first teeny tiny belt...or at least I think it is. Her pants are always falling down where her clothes are a little big at first and then she grows into them.

I am procrastinating by being on the computer. I am "supposed" to be cleaning the house and doing laundry but I just haven't felt well today. Maybe I have what Davis had last week...upset stomach but never getting sick...just enough to make you want to lay around and do nothing! Bummer!

Tomorrow is a big day...my first ever UT game (too bad they are doing poorly this year)!!! I have my camera charging as we speak so there will certainly be tons of pictures for another post. (Allison...I am sorry for not posting more this week...not much going on.) We have decided not to stay in Knoxville like we originally planned...Duffer doesn't want to waste money on a room now. It doesn't matter to me...but since it is a 7pm game...I am not looking forward to getting home at 3am...and Duffer still wants to go to church on no sleep. We'll see if he actually gets up...

Pray for us...Monday evening we are making an offer on our 4th choice house...that is if IT doesn't sell by then!!! Our realtor is on vacation so that is why we are waiting until Monday. I am tired of stressing over this so if it is meant to be it will work out...end of story.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im Camping, so Im not ignoring responsibilites..hahaha...I started to think you had died, no posting!!!! Are the kids going with you to the game?

Those pics of Rylee & Holly are so cute!