Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Round Two

So last night we went back to our realtor for round two. The seller made a counter offer and we went to discuss. There was something that just wasn't right about it. The seller has remodeled this house on his own and he thinks it is worth way more than it is and of course the bank won't loan money over the appraisal price so we were uncomfortable that we could get the appraisal for what they came back with.

Our realtor asked us if we would be devastated if we wait a day before offering again...devastated if it sold like the others have. Honestly we wouldn't be. It wasn't in the boys' school district and the 4th bedroom was way downstairs away from the other bedrooms...and we found out that he sold the hot tub so there was just going to be an empty gazebo in the back???

Our realtor went to see if any new properties came up. I asked her to check on our #1 choice to see if it was still pending because it could have fell through. She said she would but that it said NO SHOW last time she looked. When she pulled it up it said SHOW!! I almost hit the roof I was so excited...here is where Duffer got a bit down even though this was his first choice too, he had gotten excited about the 800 square foot garage with the other house....but he really wants this house more.

After a phone call to the realtor who listed the house, we found out that people are negotiating but no contract is in place. She told them we would make an offer that night.

So after we did the market analysis, and pulled all the records, we called back and made a verbal offer. It will take a lot of prayers to make this happen because we are getting an FHA loan and since it is a government loan they are very strict about things. The house has already had a termite inspection, home inspection, and appraisal. The only thing found wrong was that it needed a roof.

With an FHA they will require the roof be done before they give it to us even though we have been pre-approved. So we gave our offer and included that a roof needed to be included.

When we gave the offer to the other realtor, he said the bank (it is a foreclosure home) knew they were going to have to put a roof on it so that part is probably okay. He didn't say that our offer was not doable so that is a good sign!!! He is presenting to the bank this morning.

Oh and if you don't remember why we wanted this house so badly...it is on the street right behind my daycare, same bus route, has all four bedrooms up on the second floor together, and it has a POOL!!!! :o)

Please pray that we get this one!!!!


4 comments:

~cassie~ said...

I hope it works out for you...I know that location would be perfect for you guys...God is in control...Will be praying for you...Love you.

Amanda said...

Good Luck, Nicole! I hope it works out for you. I understand how stessful househunting can be...I think we have all had our share of it!! We will be thinking about you!!

Pierce Family Happenings said...

Praying for you, Nicole! It is exciting (and stressful!) Can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Thanks for the comments on my latest look for the blog! :)

Anne

Anonymous said...

OMG! We've been praying for you to find the house that's right for you! Maybe God feels this is it, and he's opened that door for you! God is so Good, and as long as it's his will, it will happen!

Im so proud of you guys! Good Things come to those who wait!!!

Let me know if your going Thursday night....and Ill go with ya!