Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sick Again

I haven't been on my computer much this weekend...been sick. We went and looked at about 7 houses on Friday night...we only liked 2 but they weren't in the areas we preferred.

On the way home, my throat began to get really sore and I knew I would wake up sick the next day. Sure enough I did...I woke up at 6am to get Duffer up for work and felt like my throat was swollen shut. It hurt so badly that I couldn't go back to sleep.

Rylee also woke up because I had gotten out of bed and she knows if I am not there. So she and I watched TV until she fell back to sleep and then finally I did too.

Don't you just hate to be a mom and be sick??? Duffer worked so I had them all 3 by myself...and they took total advantage of me being down. (I didn't get off the couch unless I just had to.) When Duffer came home I could tell he was mad...he doesn't have a lot of sympathy for sickness and thinks you should still go on as if you are not sick...my boss is the same way...reason I never call into work unless my kids are sick.

In addition to the kids tearing the house apart, Rylee colored with crayons all over the wall (again!) and then took a sharpie to Jett's mattress and colored a big letter "A". She received several spankings for that one!

Today Duffer took the kids to church while I settled in my usual spot...the couch. I hated to miss Sunday School because last week we started a marriage class and this was only the 2nd week. I also didn't want to go and make everyone sick either because every inch of my body hurt today. I am just hoping I shake this by tomorrow so I don't feel miserable at work.

I talked to my mom yesterday and they didn't seem to get much of the affects of IKE...little bit of rain and dreariness but no major winds. She lives in Dallas, TX and on the weather channel it looked as if they may get hit hard.

Well, hopefully I will have more interesting things to blog about throughout the week. I honestly can't tell you of anything we have going on except for Awana on Wednesday night...wow...I haven't been able to say that in a L-O-N-G time!!! Maybe this punishment (of quitting the football team) wasn't such a bad idea after all!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel so bad...My boss isn't the same as yours, but 2 weeks ago, I was out 3 days...URI & Bronchitis...so, Off I was..and had a permanent spot on the couch.

Thank Goodness for FMLA..that way that can't hold it against ya! I use it all the time, if I miss more than 36 hrs, but I hadn't missed anytime in like 1 1/2 years..

Tanja said...

I am so glad you guys are getting some down time. N., you wear me out just reading all the stuff you guys do. I hope this season of your family's life is a blessing to you all.

Didn't know your mom was in Dallas. We lived there for two years. I liked it; Bruce didn't.

~cassie~ said...

I hate you are sick...I am sort of feeling bad too....scratchy throat, and headache...I don't want to get sick...Yuck...Love ya...

Anonymous said...

I love Cassie's new fallish background..I can't wait to see what you come up with on yours...