We have moved 3 times in the past year…we moved out of the house beside my dad for something bigger. We moved into a house in Cooks Valley that we planned to buy but found black mold and backed out…which I am thankful for because I wasn’t too crazy about that area (no offense to those of you who live there).
When we had to get out of the mold infested house quickly we went to an apartment. That was insane!!! It was on the 3rd floor…fun with groceries…and I was so paranoid about my kids being too loud. So we broke our lease just to get into a house…now we live in a rental house…but brand new and very nice but in the county…and my kids go to city schools…always have.
Okay so back to current day…Jett started school this year…I wanted to keep Davis at Washington for his final (maybe) year and I knew we would buy a house in this school district so it made no sense for me to switch them to county schools for one year and then switch back. Not to mention with Duffer and I both going to work at 6:30am and I get off at 4pm but he doesn’t until 5:30pm there is no way we can pick them up either. My daycare doesn’t take children once they begin kindergarten but she has so graciously been putting mine on and off the bus daily and helping them get their homework finished. She has honestly been a Godsend to us.
So yesterday Jett brings home a letter from a man with Kingsport City Schools saying that Jett cannot attend Washington after Friday, August 22nd (yes that would be tomorrow) because their information showed we no longer lived in the city. Ok I had major panic attacks over this all evening!!!
Now I know it was bad on my part to use a false address…I used daycare’s…but we plan on buying Susan's house when she moves to California in 4-5 years. I know SO many people who do this and have for years (used different address that is)…we were only doing it until we found a house to buy…so I am pretty sure someone had to turn us in…and heaven help the person if I find outwho did it. It is one thing to try to do something to me but for it to affect my kids and their stability I will severely hurt this person and I already have a suspicion of who it is…all I can say is they better get out of dodge because I fight dirty.
Back to my story…Duffer took the morning off to straighten this mess out. He had to fill out an application and was told on the spot this year was no problem (for the boys to stay) since the school wasn’t overcrowded. The school board will be sending us info on how much tuition we need to pay…which is fine with me…worth it for them to stay put. Plus Duffer explained we would be moving as soon as we find a house and the man said if it is fairly quick they could reimburse us for the tuition we have paid.
So all is well now…kids stay at school…we are out a little less money…and we need to find a house within one year…but it is doable.
I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to Jayme who offered to help me with the boys if I did have to move them to Miller Perry. Friends like her don’t come easy and I am so grateful to all the help she has given me lately. I am also thankful to all my other friends who have listened to me vent this week!!! I love you all!!!
Now I am going to go try to get rid of this migraine I have from worrying so much.









4 comments:
Good Grief...If it's not one thing it's another...I couldn't IMAGINE who in the world would do this to your family?
I never understood...the whole school thing..What does it matter to "the school system" as long as they are in school! Look how many people (such as myself) who pay taxes on homes (in the city,or not) WHO DON'T HAVE CHILDREN! You would think it would equal out...
In fact, I have 2 friends, live on the same street off Eastman Rd..who pay taxes who DONT have children...but yet they charge you tuiton? HARDLY SEEMS FAIR!
Oh well, at least the kids can stay put...If I could find a house to buy to rent in their school district ...Then y'all would have a place,..to bad it's not JC..we have plenty there! Love ya...Hope things ease up on y'all!
Thanks Allison...you are so sweet!! The crazy thing is we have never paid taxes since we always rented...oh well!
True Friends are with you to the end! Stand beside of ya, and take up for ya, and their always your biggest cheerleader!Encourage & Uplift! I don't have alot of girlfriends, but the ones I do have I try to be a Great Friends..to them, and we've been friends along time!I've always looked up to you like a big sister...that I never had..and I probably always will! Love Ya!
FYI..
Just think I was 22 or 23 when we become friends....Man I was young! hehehe!
I feel the same way about you Allison...although maybe as a little sister not a big one...haha.
Got to go to bed...love ya!
Post a Comment