Friday evening we had football practice and Davis and Jett went home with their friends, Jarrett and Blake, to spend the night...only for Duffer to have to go pick them up at midnight. Davis had started to cry and wanted to come home...he never does this and I could not figure out what was wrong with him...until he walked in the door and both of his eyes were completely whelped up!! He had been out of his Zyrtec for only two days and being around Jarrett's cat...he is allergic...made him pretty sick! We had just happened to get the medicine that day and dosed him up with both Zyrtec and Benedyrl. He was fine by morning.
On Saturday, we spent the day at the ball field for baseball tryouts for the 2009 year. He didn't make the Rebels so we were trying out for Select. Davis got sunburned pretty bad too.
We came home and Duffer mowed for about 4 hours and I rested...my neck hurt from being outside all day...yes still having issues with my neck! The kids played outside until dark and we ate supper at 9pm.
Today we got up went to church and then headed back to the ball fields for day 2 of tryouts. Davis didn't make it and Duffer was actually shocked because Davis played great...he doesn't usually do well but a lot of his friends were going to be on this team and I think he really wanted it. (Duffer is pretty hard on him so you know when he says he did well, he must have been really good!) He cried when he didn't make and he normally doesn't care too much.
On top of him not making the team...I had to tell him that his father's grandfather passed away yesterday (his step mom called and told me at the tryouts). He handled that pretty well and I gave him the choice to go or not to go to the funeral...he said he wants to go...not sure when it will be...should be in the paper by Tuesday. Davis' step mom was the one to call because his dad is taking it pretty hard (his grandparents raised him just like my situation).
And just when you think it can't get any worse...at bath time tonight we discovered that Rylee has lice...isn't that wonderful???? I have never had lice nor known anyone who has so I thought this was the most disgusting thing ever. I headed off to Walgreens to purchase $50 worth of shampoo and spray (ridiculous huh??) and we treated all of us just in case...I think Duffer is going to buzz his hair instead of treating...yikes!!
Now I am going to be up all night washing everything...thanks to my grandma it won't be much...in the house!!! I pray this week goes much, much better!!! :o)










6 comments:
OMG! That's terrible! Lord I would Die, There's no way I could get those little combs thru my hair...but it happens with children..Make sure you wash everything in HOT WATER, to kill...and fumagate your house...if they get into bedding & mattress you will never get rid of them! Info thanks to GOOGLE...Lice to Children, Like Fleas to Dogs..heheh...Humor..
Where did you read that you could never get rid of them? What I read last night said they can't live away from a human host for more than one day????
Ugh! We haven't had to deal with that yet. Hope we never do. But it's no different than the stomach virus... kids pass it around and parents get all the clean up. I can't decide what's worse... vermin or vomit.
No, it said if you DONT wash your bedding...You wont get rid of them, and to wash in HOT water..You know there are some out there that wouldn't!
OK Allison that is just nasty to think about!!! hahahaha
Hahaha..Funny!
Post a Comment