Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Update

I just noticed that I added my "business experiment" button on here but never explained. I help several people with their blogs and my friend Allison convinced me to try to make money doing it. I am going to try to learn a lot more so I can offer more than just headers and signatures but for now that is all it is. This weekend I will get my blog all set up with a header, signature, more examples of what I have done and some prices...just have had no time at all.

It has been an extremely L-O-N-G week!! I have worked 10s...today being my last...so I can be off tomorrow. I am not really sure why I did this since Duffer is working and the kids are in school but every now and then a girl needs some "me" time. I plan on catching up on all my laundry and cleaning so my entire weekend is FREE to spend with the kids!! Plus I am going to lunch with my friend, Allison, which will be fun...it has been YEARS since we did anything together!!

Another thing I have done this week is to take 6 exercise classes at work...in one week!!! To say I can't walk is an understatement...LOL! Our division began this new incentive this month where they will pay for a Group Fitness Pass for each of us if we attend a minimum of 8 classes per month. They offer a wide variety of classes but I have only been interested in a few.

It sounds easy to get 8 classes in one month...after all that is only 2 per week...but we didn't get our passes until the 2nd week of August. Then there were days I would have a migraine or just didn't feel like going. The classes I take are in 2 different buildings...one in 310 which most of you know as the Toy F. Reid building over on Wilcox. The other building is in the plant but about 3 buildings over from me. I have to drive to the one on Wilcox...obviously...but I walk to the other which is exercise itself!!

So last week I got two classes in which left 6 for this week! I was determined to do it though...if I didn't I would have to pay for the pass myself in order to get it for September...it is $30 and we all want to save any way we can!!

Monday I took Kickboxing and Weight Conditioning back to back (my friend Gina even took Hard Core Abs too!!). I was really sore in my back from Kickboxing...all the twisting and kicking and punching I guess. My favorite is the Weight Conditioning...they use dumbbells, this weight bar, and that stretchy rope thingy...no clue what it is called.

Tuesday I took Dance Fit...I really like this class...after all that is what I used to do and I loved to dance back in my clubbing days! :o) Last week it was Latin dancing...so I am all ready to go on DWTS! KIDDING!!! This week was more like ballet moves...very hard since I don't have good balance anymore and my body doesn't ever get in some of those positions we were doing!!!! If anything this class gives you a laugh!! Next week is Hip Hop and I can't wait for that...that is right up my alley.

Yesterday I had to take 2 classes again...Step and Weight Conditioning. I hate Step but it was all that was offered and I needed 2. The WC class was great yesterday! We did a lot of stuff for you butt and I am feeling it today!!!

Today is a new class for me...BOSU/Circuit...you use this ball that looks like it was cut in half and has a flat surface on top. The description of the class says that it is a lot of balancing and works every single muscle in your body!!! I think it will be good.

I have been taking these classes with my friends, Gina, Amy and Alison (different one than I was talking about earlier) and we are having a lot of fun doing it! We are getting to know the instructors and we really like them.

Believe it or not...since I have only been doing this for 2 weeks...I am already feeling less tired when I go home in the evenings and I lost 2 pounds just this week! Woohoo...I want to lose 10 more so at this rate I may accomplish that before Halloween....maybe!!!

I will update much more later...Davis has his Jamboree for the Chargers tonight, then his first game tomorrow night and then Sunday is his birthday so it is a big weekend for him!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh isn't 3 kids enough excerise for you! Ill try to be over @ around lunch time!