Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last Cowboys Game

Here are the pictures I said I would post from our last Cowboys game on Monday night (We will have 1 or 2 Playoff games next week too).

At the beginning of the season, we bought some new shirts. We had a couple from last year but I got the solid blue shirt like my boys have and Duffer bought one of the awesome polo shirts that the coaches wear. When I bought Rylee's cheerleading uniform, all the moms were buying matching shirts and some put their child's name on the back or other things. I got my cheerleader mom shirt at one of the games (I didn't put anything on the back) and brought it home and then never saw it again. I was just devastated that I never got a picture of Rylee and me together in it.

Well this weekend I was going through a bag that I usually take back and forth to work with workout clothes in it and guess what was in there...yep! My shirt!! I have no clue why it was in there but oh well. So I finally got to wear my shirt to Monday night's game. (Now I get to buy all new stuff to support Davis' Charger team!!!)

Cindy just happened to wear her shirt too...she usually wears her cool coach's shirt that her BIL got for her. Since we were matching too, I let her son Tucker take a picture of us.

Yet another picture of Bella and Rylee...I can't resist because they are so stinkin cute!!! Oh yeah and Duffer was assisting with their posing.


We played the Raiders and Davis blocked his buddy, Ethan, the entire game. Ethan is #3 and they are to the far right of all the boys. Ethan is also the drummer in the Smacker Band we love to go see.
I just loved this picture...all I was trying to do was get a picture of their names on the back of their shirt but the photo looked so good, I added a caption. They really are great friends...and they crack me up because the first second they are around each, they swap shoes and wear the other's shoe until we make them trade back!!

I finally got the picture of Rylee and me I wanted of us in our matching shirts...too bad it isn't good. This was after I had been sweating to death for over an hour already but you have to take what you can get right??? This picture reminds me why in middle school and high school I always hated to wear my hair up...and also why I wear turtleneck sweaters so much...I think I have a neck like a stack of dimes!!! Silly I know...but we all have our little issues with our looks now don't we?!?

This was at the end of the game during the parents' meeting...obviously we weren't worried enough to go down there because we were all still up on the hill...but they also jam music and the cheerleaders (and some siblings and football players) go out there and dance. They were doing the "Cotton-eyed Joe" here. Duffer kept embarrassing me and grabbing me and making me dance in front of everyone...I thought I was gonna kill him!! For those who know me...I will dance in a club or somewhere I can blend in but not by myself in front of everyone!!!


So the night was good...we won...but I got stung by a bee. I am actually surprised I haven't been stung before now...the field is like one big bee's nest!! So anyway, it is 2 days later and my sting is still itching me to death and swollen and red. This is only the 2nd time I have ever been stung.

Tonight we are chilling out...we got a night off from football...Duffer is working 12 hours so the kids and I made a quick trip to Wally World, came home and ate dinner, and now we are getting ready to do baths and get in bed...Duffer is lucky enough to get to roll in here just as everything is done and go to bed. :o)

I need to rest my little legs anyway...I was very proud of myself BTW...at Davis' practice last night I walked 5 miles around the track...but I am very sore!!! This was the first time in over 3 months that I have exercised any!!! I am going to get back into the swing of things and walk each night we have practice...which is 4-5 nights a week...then I will be finally getting in shape (I hope anyway)!!




5 comments:

~cassie~ said...

Your neck does not look like a stack of dimes!!!! You are crazy....I am sorry you got stung...Yuck....Macey got stung by a jellyfisth while we were gone...and it is still bothering her.....Well, hope you enjoyed your night off....We have had nothing but nights off...and loving it...until tonight...It begins again.....

Tanja said...

Nicole, are you not aware that models would kill for a neck like yours? Think of the alternative... double, and triple, chins. Count your blessings, my friend! :-)

Anonymous said...

Im so lovin that phrase "Like a stack of dimes" Im wondering why you didn't model...but you know me, part of your fan club!

Nicole said...

Allison, you are hilarious!! I heard that phrase way back in middle school and it just stuck with me! And as far as the modeling...puleez! Even if I had "the look"...which I didn't...I couldn't get up in front of people...you know that!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

No Im not Hilarious...The phrase is funny..but Im serious...You would have eventually got use to it, be thankful you are so small...some of us, only dream of being that small..maybe one day...I remember when I use to be 100lbs..back in the day..I still think you could be a model, after 3 kids...