First of all...look what came in the mail today...Jett's new backpack for Kindergarten...yikes!! It seems a little more real now. Thursday night we go for Back to School night where we buy the school supplies, get all the paperwork to fill out, pick up car rider numbers, and all that fun stuff. Friday Jett will meet with his teacher, Mrs. Begley, one on one. (That always makes ME nervous!!)
Okay so let me rewind...Davis tried out for the Colonial Heights Rebels on Sunday (competitive baseball team). We were supposed to hear something by today but still haven't. This team was excellent this year and even went to the World Series...not sure what they placed but they were Seed 1 going in which was great! I am not holding my breath about Davis getting on this team...like I have said before...him playing on the Pirates this year and the LACK of coaching really made Davis digress in his playing ability. We just pray he gets on a good team so he can get back up to the level he was working on last year.
The rest of Sunday was spent at my FIL's swimming and cooking out...will post about that when I have time.
Monday night was the first practice for the Colonial Heights Chargers. Duffer and the boys went...my neck was killing me from my first day back at work (it is very slowly getting better).
Tonight we had a Cowboys game so we missed Chargers practice. Jett got banged around a LOT...once he was knocked so hard that he came completely off the ground and landed on his face! That is really hard for me to watch...while Duffer on the other hand thinks it is good for him...whatever!
We were ahead 12-0 so Bo let Davis run the ball...you can imagine what shape I was in!!! He plays quarterback about half the time but always hands off the ball. The first time he got the ball he busted through and ran about 30 yards only to get taken down at the 5 yard line! MAN!!!! I bet they heard me scream in Colonial Heights (and we were in Lynn Garden!!). He got the ball again and went up the middle and got taken down at the 1 yard line and then they let the time run out....that is like dangling candy in front of a child!!!!! Davis was very proud of himself and Bo was impressed to. He said he didn't know Davis could run like that...I of course knew he could but for the past 2 years he has been put on defense.
I told Davis that it has been TWO long years since I have seen him score a touchdown (he scored about 12 touchdowns in his final year of flag football) and it is high time he scored one!!! I haven't been taking my camera but it will be by my side in hopes to record this moment. I am hoping he gets another chance during Friday nights' game!!!
We (as in Davis and me) stayed tonight to watch the Varsity game with Cindy and her crew...we won 6-0...which was great because they lost to the same team (Redskins) on Saturday...which was the first time the Varsity has lost a game in 4 years!! The JV (which Davis plays on) beat them both times....so still undefeated...woohoo!!
The rest of the week is full also...Chargers practice every night plus Cowboys game Friday. Our favorite band ever....The Smacker Band...is playing Wednesday night at Salsarita's and Friday night at the Boatyard and we plan to make it to both of those shows (might be late but we will be there). You can read more about this band on Amy's blog or visit their MySpace page . Trust me they are totally worth seeing!!!
This weekend we have more baseball tryouts (in case we don't make Rebels) and then much more running of course. I will try to update as I can.









No comments:
Post a Comment