Friday when I got off work I came home and just laid around waiting for my headache to pass. Duffer was doing the float thing...we didn't agree on how it was done so I left him to do it by himself. Rylee and I decided (or I decided because she still wanted to) not to ride on the float after Duffer and I disagreed over it.
I wasn't even going to go to the parade but Jayme called me and informed me that I was going and I was going with them. What could I say...plus I knew the boys wanted me to see them so I agreed.
Jayme picked up Rylee and me around 5 and we headed to pick up Jennifer and her boys...Michael was meeting us at the parade and that way they wouldn't have 2 vehicles there. Jayme threw me all over the van on the way there...I guess that's why we need to wear seat belts, huh?? :O) We were packed in like Sardines (Jayme has an Odyssey) with Allie, Ashley, Blake and Jarrett in the rear seat...Rylee, me and Jennifer in the middle row...and then Jayme and her dad up front.
We got lucky and found a parking spot at Pal's downtown which was right near our spot (Jayme had so graciously put our chairs out that morning to hold our spot). We loaded up our crew and headed to our spot. I stayed back with Jarrett and Ashley while the rest of them went back to Pal's for food. Greta met us shortly after with her two boys.
Jarrett and I hung out and talked about football...not that I know much about it...haha.
This cracked me up...Jennifer called me and said to look for Greta who was headed her way (she had also went to Pal's). So they came and sat down and while Max was eating a gnat was on his food...look at him inspecting to make sure it is gone...too cute!!!
Miss Allie
My little Rylee...
Michael also met us after he got off work. See how he is chewing something...he ALWAYS does that...hehehe.
Jennifer and I sat and made fun of a LOT of people...the Fun Fest parade is MUCH better than the 4th of July one but the downfall is that anyone can be in it who wants to pay the $10 registration fee and some of the people in it crawled out from under the woodwork!!
How cute was Campbell with his little hat turned backwards??? :O)
Tommy arrived a little later...having to come straight from work. Here he is with his FIL.
Here we go...finally after an hour of baking in the hot sun...the parade begins.
I had to take a picture of this because I think it is a first...Central High School, South High School and Volunteer combined their bands together...I haven't noticed that they have ever done this before. Even though I went to South I had to make the joke that they had to combine 3 local high schools just to be equivalent to DB's band...who is one of the top high school bands in the country.
Eastman's Engineering and Construction division had a float this year...this is the group I used to be in. This is my friend, Jeremy and his wife and 2 daughters. Jeremy and I share the same birthday and we used to be in the same group but he has moved up to being a group leader now and works in the building behind me.
JoElla...who also goes to our church...was handing out candy to our kiddos...she was with the Eastman Credit Union float.
Of course I had to take a picture of South's cheerleaders!! Even though my kids will go to DB I still have to root for South. Since Duffer's cousin, Andy's oldest son plays on South's football team...I may get to go to a few games this fall (of course when DB isn't playing at home since we have season tickets to their games). I love going back and seeing how the Southern Belle's look. The second cheerleader from the left...Jaquline...was the sister of one of Davis' friends, Sam...they played baseball together. We really miss them!
Tommy and Duffer had switched vehicles so that if more people wanted to ride in the back of the truck they could...they would not be seen if they rode in the back of Duffer's Suburban. Since I had rode with Jayme, Duffer had Tommy grab his cell phone charger from his vehicle and I made Tommy run it out to them as they passed by...I was not about to get up in front of all those people!! haha
Up close...on the float...Davis, Makale (I work with his mom and dad at Eastman and he and his 2 brothers are the BEST football players I have ever seen!!!) and Jett. Jett didn't have his jersey on because we got him a new one this year...last year Davis had gotten 2 somehow and we just let Jett wear one so they were the same number. Now this year Jett will be #11 and Davis will be #27 again.
There's my two boys...in front of the star that they run through at the beginning of their games.
Bo (was to the far left so you can't see him), Alexis (Duffer's niece), Scyler (Duffer's daughter) and one of the pigs (that is their nickname...they are twins, Josh and John, but I can never tell who is who!!!) were riding in the back of Tommy's truck that Duffer was driving.
Here was the first float...with all...well not all since there are over 50 on the team...the football players on it...check out the blue mohawk...haha.
Here is Amy...one of my friends from work...walking beside the cheerleaders. Amy coaches the cheerleaders. She was down there all day helping Duffer decorate the float.
This was the cheerleaders float. You can see my friend, Cindy and her daughter Keagan to the right of her...Bella, her other daughter was in front of her where I couldn't see her. Amy's daughter, Rachel rode on the cheerleader float and she plays football on the JV team. I felt awful abandoning them but after all the fussing...being in front of the entire town was the last thing I felt like doing. Rylee made it very clear that she wanted to be in the parade so I was in hot water with her...next year I won't be able to get out of it.
Emily is so adorable! She is not a bit shy and ran up asking for everything they passed out in the parade. Her mom, Michelle, racked up leaving with a hat, cup, t-shirt, and tons of coupons and candy. Jayme and I joked and said she needed to train our girls so we could get as much stuff!
Jamey making faces at me...he must not be camera crazy like me...haha.
We saw Will...another little boy that goes to church with our kids...on one of the passing floats.
Here are all the kids with us...from left...Campbell, Mason, Blake, Sydnee, Emily, Max, Allie, Rylee, Ashley and Jarrett...you can see Jennifer, Tracie's mom, Tracie, Greta and Michael in the background.
Tracie took a picture of Jennifer and me because she said I wasn't going to be in any of the pictures. As you can see...I was slumming. I had been lounging around the house due to having a migraine...so I just wore what I had on...it was so hot that I knew I'd be miserable no matter what I had on!
Speaking of Tracie...since I said that I would have to post about it...was getting up and stepping over all of the kids things to help Mason grab some goodies that were being passed out...when she suddenly went down...about as gracefully as I did at the ball field a couple weekends ago...haha. I teased her and told her I had a photo of it but I didn't...now that would have been priceless if I had!! :D
We had the biggest space taken for all of us. I was taking a picture to show how much space we took up (this was just one side) and Michelle was cracking me up...she is trying to suck in as we women do when we are being photographed! haha It is so funny how you end up knowing so many people...I have been around Michelle 3 or 4 times now and at the parade we realized that her daughter and Duffer's niece, Alexis, are cousins!! Small world...
So my migraine was gone by the time I went to the parade but came back afterwards...I really don't think I drink enough when I am hot in the heat like that.
So we went back to the Clymen's house afterwards...we needed to switch the vehicles back. We hung out for a little while...haha...leaving at 2am!!!
My family hadn't eaten so Jayme and I ran and picked up some pizza. When we got back my MIL was dropping off Scyler and Alexis to spend the night with us. Also the Foxes were just arriving. The kids played in the clubhouse, in the pool and on the trampoline. It was a wonderful mixture of trying to talk to the adults while referring arguments between the big kids and little kids and playing doctor each time one of them had an accident!
Scyler and Alexis really hit it off with Allie...they had a big time. The boys played basketball and ran wild...like they always do. When the Foxes decided to leave around 11:30, we got up to leave also. Then Tommy mentioned our unfinished Domino game from last weekend. We said we would stay and got all the kids inside. I laid down on the couch waiting...I had been up since 4:30am...and then next thing I knew it was almost 2am and Duffer was waking me up to go home. Oops...I am not very good on the days I have gotten up early for work!
So we went home and got everyone in bed...some had baths because they were NASTY!! We slept in this morning. I made muffins and then Duffer scurried Davis off to football signups while Katheryn came to pick the girls up (they had friends coming over to swim early). When Duffer got back it was time for us to head to Sydnee's party but my migraine would not go away. I had taken medicine but it was my last pill so we loaded up and headed to the pharmacy (and planned to go to party after I got my medicine). I started feeling worse so Duffer brought me home and took the kids onto the party...about an hour late!!!
When they came home...I was attempting to get ready for the boys' Jamboree but I laid down and fell asleep. Rylee was asleep too so Duffer and the boys went on without us. I woke up and called Duffer and they still hadn't started (our team didn't play until the 4th quarter) so Rylee and I got ready on the fly and headed out. Duffer had taken my car...I do not like driving his vehicle since it doesn't handle near as well as mine...so I had to go slower than usual.
We got to the field (all the way across town in Lynn Garden) just as the freshman team (the one Jett plays on) was switching to offense...I had missed them on defense. As I was walking to the stands though, I did hear Jett's name called out after he got a tackle...woohoo! They had him do quarterback some...but he is so little that he fumbled quite a bit. Davis' team...the JV....did good...almost winning except Mac fumbled the ball out of bounds as he was running for a touchdown. It ended in no score. Varsity...where Davis' friend, Tucker, plays won. Davis always gets left behind where his birthday falls later than his friends. He is held back in JV (due to both size and age) while his other friends moved up to Varsity this year.
I will tell more when I post the pictures I took from the scrimmage. Not really sure when that will be since we have birthday parties, ballgames and Fun Fest going on this week!!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.









1 comment:
We had a great time with everyone on Friday. Thanks for sharing your pictures with me.
Looking forward to lots more FunFest fun.
Post a Comment