That evening Davis had a tournament game with the All-Star team he just joined...The Indians...in Limestone. Duffer and Jett went to Jett's final tball game and Rylee went to my grandma's. Since my track record is very poor for getting to tournament games in locations I have never been we all decided it would be best for me to ride with the Allens. (James is the coach of this team)
So I took this picture of Davis as we were leaving...not knowing if they had already done pictures I thought I could print some myself of Davis and his new uniform...love that they are similar to DB!After we arrived and saw no one but the other players on our team, we knew something was up. James called the man over the tournament to find out that he told us the wrong location!!! We were actually playing at Fall Branch Middle School...which by the way was only 20 minutes from Kingsport...good grief! So we book it and barely get there in time to warm up.
Here is Davis running to catch a pop up ball during warm ups...
We sat on this big bank to watch the game....not many choices there...and as I am walking to my spot carrying 2 chairs and my camera...I very gracefully full on my butt! Like I said I did it gracefully and it looked like I just decided to sit down right where I was...ha ha ha.
We lost this game and the other team was so ridiculous. We were up 10-0 and then the umpire started calling the worst calls in history like he was for the opposing team. The other coaches were yelling at our kids too and really shook them up and we ended up losing by one run! :o(
We got back really late...since the game didn't begin until 8pm...and the Allen's fed Davis and me some leftovers since neither of us had eaten since lunch!!! I had thought we could grab something at the game since we were supposed to be there an hour before it started but obviously that didn't work out...ha ha.
On Saturday we played again at 2pm but we all met at Chef's Pizza...they were one of the sponsors and they fed the whole team...very nice of them. My whole family went this time.
Davis rode with his friend Noah and Ian rode with another friend...so Duffer wanted me to ride with the Allen's so he could have the windows down (I usually have them down but my hair was up and it would fall down). Of course when I went with the Allen's, Rylee wanted to also. So Rylee sat in the back with Macey and we headed off.
Here is Macey when we first got to the field...
Duffer...hey did you notice he cut all his hair off??? Not buzzed just short! YAY!!
Davis and me before the game...
Cassie and me before the game...
Back to the hill...Jett and Cade playing with their cars on the hill...getting very dirty.
Team pep talk before the game.
Here is Ian batting...he is such a good little player. And he has a great number...#2 ~ Derek Jeter...you know we are Yankees fans.
I was down near the field taking pictures...and this was Duffer, Macey and Rylee up on the hill.
Duffer watching out for the kids by moving some cinder blocks so they kids didn't fall into them and get hurt. Also check out his new shirt...it is the team shirt with all the sponsors on the back...plus it will double for a DB shirt this fall!!
This is Noah...Davis' best friend from school...which I have mentioned 100 times...but this summer has been cool because usually they don't see each other over the summer and they have quite a lot this year...I know I should do better to get them together but it is hard when we stay so busy!
Noah and Davis are always comparing pitching notes...Davis pitched for a little bit but he wasn't very good...remember he hasn't done it in 3 weeks and he can't throw as hard as the 10 year olds can (this is a 10 year old team BTW and Davis is still 9).
Here was the view of our hill that we sat on...it was rather dangerous with the kids running around all these 2x4s but no one got hurt luckily!
Davis getting his sign from James before he batted.
Another number to scrapbook...ha ha ha...he has been #8, #1, and now #11 this summer...the Eastman Rec. league doesn't have numbers.
So we won the first game we played. Duffer took Jett, Rylee, Cade and Macey back to our house...they were all pretty done with the heat and baseball. Once again I tagged along with the Allen's...we joked about how it had been so long since we'd spent any time together and then we were attached at the hip all weekend!!
James, Cassie, Ian, Davis and me all went to eat at Arby's in Sullivan Gardens during the little time we had before the next game started. On the way back to the game I remembered I left my ticket to get in with Duffer so I jumped over the seat that Ian and Davis were sitting in and landed right on our chairs and ball gear...not comfy...so I guess you could say I snuck in. I don't mind paying to get in but not twice in one day!! ;-)
The next game didn't go well either...we lost...and there was more unsportsmanlike conduct going on especially from some of the other's teams fans sitting directly behind us. It amazes me how people act in front of little children and act like they have no clue they are role models...whether good or bad! I don't know how I did it but I kept my mouth shut the entire time.
The boys were really down that they lost but they played well...or so I thought. We had a little drama to keep things lively...one parent was very sick and almost passed out but wouldn't go to the hospital for help :O( and another parent was caught drinking...how sad is that??? It makes you wonder what kids go through in other families.
After the game we went to Marble Slab for some ice cream with Noah's family and the Holt family. I had the best thing...this was only the 2nd time I had ever eaten there...it was chocolate ice cream with Reese cups and nestle crunch...SO GOOD!!!
We sat out on the patio...very nice until the storm hit....it was really windy and almost felt like the beach. Salsarita's had some music playing and the boys started dancing...doing the Electric Slide, Macarena and other silly dances. Some of them could really move though....it's funny that they teach those dances in P.E. at school.
We came home and Ian wanted to spend the night so we said yes. But when Cade found out he was sad...he has been asking Duffer for a couple weeks to spend the night and Duffer told him to wait until the weekend...well it was the weekend so they both stayed. They were all really good. Here is what Duffer did to Cade and Jett in the tub...he has this weird fixation with Mohawks!
We actually made it to church on time for the first time in over a year...because we had to take the Allen boys back to their house for church clothes...we don't mind being late ourselves but hate to make others late...ha ha ha. After church we came home and R-E-L-A-X-E-D!!!
So that was our weekend...in a nutshell...I will try to post soon about this week...









3 comments:
Great pictures!
I'm glad ya'll had a great weekend full of baseball and friends =-).
That picture of Cade and Jett is soooo stinkin' cute! Duffer is a fruit loop!! ha..ha..ha..
But, that's why we all love and adore him...right??!!!!
I absoultely LOVE that picture....It is hilarious!!! I need copies of all those pictures....Be sure to send them to me...We had a great weekend....Can't wait to do it again...Go Indians!!! I just about have James talked into being a tournament team next year....Let's just stay on him!! Love you lots...Pray for us while we are gone....
That picture of the Mohawks is so cute!Love it!
Post a Comment