Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Botox

Today was my first treatment of Botox...and yes this is for my migraines not for cosmetic purposes although it does have the same effect which isn't too bad of a side effect if I do say so myself! ;)

I was so nervous all day long...and we all know what I do when I am nervous...but I survived. Since this was my first treatment I had no idea what to expect. It was pretty much as bad as I had imagined. I got 4 shots in my forehead...the 2 between my eyebrows just about killed me!! I got 2 shots in each side of my head where you have a large muscle that leads down under your eyes...that was rather odd getting a shot through my hair on my head...can't say I've done that before. Then I got 2 shots on each side of the back of my neck in the large muscle that leads to your neck. So that is a grand total of 12 shots for me today...shew!! The sticks weren't as bad as how it felt going in my muscles...burning sensation...didn't enjoy it!

I go back in 2 weeks for a checkup although Dr. Holt said it would take 2-3 weeks for me to notice anything. In a month if I am not improving some, they will give me a booster. This first time is difficult because they don't want to give me too much but at the same time they may not give me enough to work. After 3 times of this if it doesn't work, we will conclude it isn't working for me...so basically a year of treatments every 3 months.

I still feel a little odd like I have sore muscles only in my face. The doctor said I could have some bruising...won't that be nice at work tomorrow??? Other than that I should be fine.

So after a very tense doctor visit we went to the lake to relax with some friends. I am way too tired to post about it and upload pictures (I didn't think I had my camera until I found it in my car 30 minutes before we left!!). We had a great time and I will certainly post the pictures I took and the ones that Jayme sends me tomorrow. It's 9:37 and we just got home and got the kids in the baths and now we are all ready to pass out for the night!! Good night...


5 comments:

AshNAlMom said...

I can't believe you blogged already. I just downloaded the pictures so you should get them soon.
Thanks for coming out, we had a great time! We will have to do it again soon.

Amy said...

I want to fake migraines so I can get my insurance to pay for botox! ;0

I really hope this helps you!!

Nicole said...

Jayme...I made sure I blogged about my Botox last night because that saves me from having to tell the same story over and over! haha That is my favorite thing about blogging...everyone can just check here and see how things go. ;)

Oh and we had an AWESOME time...I am looking forward to doing it again SOON!

Nicole said...

Amy...you crack me up! If I had a quarter for every time someone has told me that!! ha ha If I was only doing it for cosmetic reasons though I don't think I could stand it...it was very painful and today I am sore... :O(

See you at the fields if you play today...we play at 11am.

Anonymous said...

No Pain for me...That would suck...I can't believe that so many women indure pain just to look good....It's crazy....but 1st wrinkle i get ...Botox it is!!!