Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jett's 1st Soccer Game

Today was what...our 5th day in a row of rain??? I don't know that for sure but I do know that everyday this week has been rainy and yucky. Now I know that when you play outdoor sports that toughing out the weather is all part of it but I always hate it until May comes around. When it is warm and rainy that is fine...but in the 40s and 50s...brrr!

Jett had his first soccer game today. It wasn't the first game of the season...we missed that one because we were at the Busch races. I was actually surprised they even had the game today...with the field being drenched and all. It turns out that it was due to competitive soccer having to play a tournament that would allow no field time for today's game to be made up.

As I mentioned before I took Rylee to stay with my grandma and Duffer took a couple hours off work so he could see it also. I took a ton of pictures...until my camera died...and I posted quite a bit of them just because the expressions on Jett's face are amusing on their own. He must be taking after Davis with the facial looks during sports!!

Jett also reminds me of Cory...in how he was always looking over at Duffer and me and posing for the camera when he was supposed to be playing!!! Getting ready to kick the ball...

What form! Keep in mind I know nothing about soccer so I probably call everything the wrong name.

I can't remember what he was giddy about but he looks cute!

Then he noticed we were looking at him and laughing....

He did this constantly...Duffer said it is because he is more of a baseball player than a soccer player. I am just happy he isn't tackling the others like in the fall (when he was still in football mode).


What a look of determination...remember there are many more looks if you are counting!

Jett has Duffer's eyebrows and I say all the time that they are like Jack Nicholson. When he gets big enough to really get mad at someone...like a girlfriend perhaps...he is going to be quite scary. He isn't even mad here and look at how they arch up!

Look at poor little Carter getting smooshed here...he is the son of a guy Duffer went to high school with and we played his team today. Jett and Carter will be in the same learning center this fall because I requested for Jett to be in that one. I also went to high school with Carter's mom.


He is such a cutie...ears and all! ;-p

It was funny because about 4 of the boys from both teams had on the same pants as Jett. I am still devastated because we haven't found the boys' Under Armor shirts....they had about 5 of them and we looked in storage but they must be buried. By the time we find them, it will be warm weather and/or they will have outgrown them!!



Who knows what this look was for...but I would love to know!



So we got killed, 13-1...oh well we weren't that good in the fall either. I am so bad though because Duffer and I both hate soccer so we never care whether they win or lose. We just count down the days until it is over and it's baseball only! Hopefully Jett won't want to play it next year...still we are letting him decide.

Halfway through the ballgame, my friend from work called and said she was there picking up 2 of her 4 kids. She came over and got to meet Duffer and the boys. She lives in Gray so I was surprised she was therebut it was nice because I got to meet her 2 kids that were with her. Usually when I go out to eat at work it is with Alison (the girl I am talking about - but not the Allison that I helped with the blog...confusing I know!) and Gina. They have been great helping me adjust to the building I now work in...trust me when I say it is like a different world!!!

After soccer, Duffer went back to work and I rushed Davis to baseball. Practice was at 12:30 but they moved it up to 12 so we were a few minutes late. That was the most boring practice ever. Jett and I stayed in the car because of it being cold and rainy. I really don't like this ball team. For an hour they just sat in the dugout! When I asked Davis about it, he said the coach was going over some things from the scrimmage. Last time I checked...but I am not a coach...it soaks in better (when going over things they need to work on) by actually doing them!! When I looked at the boys half of them were dancing around and goofing off. The coaches last year would have never let that go on. Oh well...Duffer has been working with Davis a lot and he will get on a good team next year.

Well, time for bed...the boys are watching the Chipmunks one last time before we have to take it back in the morning and Rylee is in there trying to sing along with them which is irritating the boys. It looks like Rylee and me are going to bed and watching American Idol...our nightly routine....ugh!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture, 4th from the top, where it looks like he has his hand on his hip...you should print and frame that one! SO CUTE!!!