Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

This has been a very long and trying week so I am happy to see it end. Unfortunately it looks like we are seeing the good weather end too...but it is probably one of those win of those winters...Dogwood or Blackberry...I never can remember the order of them.


I have been home in bed sick all day with a headache...probably one of the worst ones I have ever had. My migraine medicine didn't work so I took Tylenol severe cold and it didn't work so then...obviously running out of options...I took some DayQuil that expired in 2005. It was either get rid of this or go to the ER because I have never felt pain like this before...the headache has eased up but is definitely not gone.


Davis just walked home from school...he seems way too little to do this but he loves to so I let him...watching him every second of course!! I am trying to feel better so we can go watch Smacker play tonight at the Boatyard. I am hoping Davis gets to go since this is his dad's weekend. (While doing this post, his dad called and has to work as usual so now Davis will get to go...he is very happy because his friend Tucker will be there too!)


So last night Davis' team had his 2nd scrimmage against the team we wanted him to play on...but he didn't make the team. I have tried to explain to Davis that because he didn't try hard enough we are now on the reject team...not trying to be mean, just honest. The team he is on is all the kids who didn't make the other 2 good teams in Kingsport. He was good enough to make the Select team but he didn't put a lot of effort into the tryout nor did he practice any beforehand so now he is on a team that will probably lose every game...we lost last night something like 30-0...very sad. It is frustrating for Duffer and me because we are doing about 4 or 5 tournaments this summer which costs around $80 per tournament - only to go and lose each time. It is hard to go watch and have fun when there isn't much hope of them winning.

I missed the first hour of the scrimmage because Rylee and I were with Jett at soccer. Here are a few pictures I did get...


Rylee
was happy to see Molly (Daniel and Nicki's daughter) who she played with last year during the games and practices. I didn't know the other little girl but Rylee soon became friends with her. Duffer made the comment that Rylee is nothing like me because she is very friendly to others...not that I am mean but people have always thought I was because of my shyness...if I don't know you well I won't talk unless you come up to me...not a good trait and I would do anything to be outgoing!!!

I did get to see Davis pitch for one inning luckily. He had a couple of good plays I saw...he caught one out while pitching. When he was on shortstop he caught an out and then threw it to 1st base and got the runner out...who came off the base. Only Davis and maybe 3 other boys can play well.

Jett watched some but was mostly engrossed in his Game Boy...playing a baseball game of course. He had some fun with Ethan and Cory when they got there.

I think Molly and this other girl were amazed at Rylee for some reason...I am sure she was being silly about something.

I put this picture on here of Davis so you could see how sunburned he is already!!! This is just from playing outside at school during recess. This kid is so sensitive...remember he has already had 2 second degree sunburns and he is only 9! What will I do if he gets burned again this summer without Nicki with us at the tournaments??? Last year she had to pop his blisters and bandage him up...she works some in the ER (and is a nurse) so she was all stocked up with the supplies we needed!!!

Here is Lane again on base...I believe this was after Davis pitched the ball to him and hit him! Remember is still learning to pitch...Daniel and Nicki teased us over it though! :D

I am guessing Davis was being corrected here...I can tell by the way he is acting...he doesn't take corrective criticism well although we have went over and over how helpful it is.

She appears to be so sweet and innocent but she is actually the opposite!!

Duffer was rather frustrated this scrimmage...he did more coaching to the boys from behind the fence than the real coaches did. How will they ever learn if you don't help them??? UGH!!!

And here is Miss Molly and her Fun Dip! Such a cutie...

I told you that he was into his game....

I think Molly looks just like Nicki!

Rylee was Davis' #1 cheering section...making comments like "Go Davis!" and "You have to throw that ball, Davis!" Who knows where she picks this stuff up???

Then of course she had to show off by hanging on the handrail!

Lane...pitching...he is so fun to watch...he makes faces just like Davis. He is Daniel and Nicki's oldest child. All of their kids are so sweet and well behaved!

Here is little Sam...another one of Davis' teammates from last year. I could NOT believe they had him in the outfield...he played awesome last year on 1st base!

Brian brought Cory (Daniel and Nicki's middle child) to the scrimmage when his and Ethan's practice was over. I think Cory looks just like Daniel!

Big E...I asked him if he was ready for tonight's performance. I am so hoping it won't rain and they get to perform. I will take my camera and definitely get some pictures to post. Duffer and I went to see their band, Smacker, last year at their school's talent show and we were floored at how good they were!!! We are BIG fans!!


Here is our dirty little princess...She was halfway clean when I got to soccer but after running and playing the entire time then eating a fudge round they handed out for snacks, she was a mess by the time we got to the baseball field. She kept everyone entertained though...especially Mrs. Williams (for those of you who went to high school with me I am referring to Thelma from the guidance office)...her son coaches the Select team and her grandson, Marcus, plays on it. Rylee would get all sassy and Mrs. Williams said she was the spitting image of me...can you believe that...me - sassy???? ;)


We didn't get home until 9:30 so it was a very long day...maybe why I got this horrible headache...or I am getting sick from all this stuff blooming. Time to go get the other kiddos and get ready for tonight. Hopefully they will get to play and I will have more pictures to post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Pierce Family Happenings said...

Nicole,
Sorry to hear about your migraine...they are terrible. Hope you are feeling a little better. I am Greta and Cindy's friend, Anne. I really enjoy reading your blog! Your kids are so cute, that little Rylee is adorable! :) Do you remember coming to my house to scrapbook a few years ago and we discovered we shared the same bday? I always thought that was neat! Hope your day is getting better!
Enjoy the weekend!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Miss Rylee..is a spittin image of her Daddy! So you know she's gonna be ROTTEN!! Sorry you were feeling bad, hope you are feeling better!!!

Stephanie said...

I am sorry about your headaches Nicole. That is miserable. I hope you can find a doctor who can help you!!
It is crazy to see Daniel and Nicki's kids. They are going to be amazing athletes. I would always try to get my kids on their team.
It looks like Davis can hold his own, though.
And, you know my dad's company makes sunscreen. It is called Blue Lizard. He won't burn through it. Let me know if you can't find it.