Thursday, April 3, 2008

Better Day??

I am seriously hoping today goes better than yesterday! I don't know how so many dumb things can happen to the same person in a single day. It started out while I was drinking my coffee at work and trying to read my emails...apparently I can't do 2 things at once...because the cup was way far away from my mouth and the coffee dumped ALL over my pants! My friend Gina jinxed me because she said "At least it didn't get on your white sweater!" So what happens at lunch??? I get BBQ on my white sweater!

My afternoon yesterday was an absolute whirlwind...you know those days where you don't even have time to stop and say hi to people...well that was me. I looked up and it was time to go. I got out about 10 minutes late so I had to rush because that only left me 20 minutes to get across town to my daycare before it closed!

When I got in the car I realized my gas light had been on for 28 miles so not wanting to run out like I did a few months back...I ran by the gas station. I just got a swig to get me until I could fill up later (because gas is 3 cents more than near my apartment)...I know 3 cents isn't that big of a deal but when it costs almost $80 to fill up, every cent helps! So I am flying down the interstate trying to get to daycare (I was 2 minutes late) when I look out my mirror I see that I didn't shut the gas cap!!! How embarrassing!!! When I get off the interstate I got out and shut it quickly hoping NO ONE saw me at all! Could anything else happen to me????

When I got home I got so consumed with changing my friend, Allison's, header and layout for her blog that I totally missed Awana...we could have gone but we would have been really late and Duffer hates to go late. So now Jett will have to recite 4 verses!!! He knows the other 3 like the back of his hand, he has reviewed them so much...even Rylee knows all 3 and their references!!! I was so busy fixing Allison's blog that I didn't get my baseball scrimmage post done. I will do it tonight (after soccer practice)! And no Allison I didn't mind doing your blog at all...it's just that I can't STAND to leave something unfinished so I had to sit there until I was done! Duffer said if I would just start a side business like he wants me to....pictures and web design...then he wouldn't mind me being on the computer all night. He doesn't realize I don't have the time nor the attention span to learn everything that I would need to do all that. I am perfectly happy knowing what I know (while learning little things here and there) for the things I do for myself.

So anyway that was my day in a nutshell and I am praying for a calm day today. I only told you about one day because I usually forget the days before but trust me, it has been one of those weeks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your such a Wonderful Friend!!!!! I love ya, and of course I love my page....You are so smart, and I admire that about you, but you shouldnt have got so consumed with it...But it is GEOURGOUS!!!!!!!! I ABSOULETY LOVE IT!!!!! YOU REALLY SHOULD OPEN A BUISNESS, CAUSE YOU WOULD BE PERFECT @ IT, AND YOU COULD STAY @ HOME!!!! For those who read this blog...I hope they come look @ my page, and see the Layout, cause it's awesome!!!!

~cassie~ said...

Did you use the "Cutest Blogs" website??? I noticed that I had seen this background before on there...when I was working on mine...I think she asks that you post her web site on your page if you use one of her designs....Just FYI...Cute header....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Hey Nicole
I hope you have a better day today.
Stay away from the barbeque!

I took a look at Allison's blogsite. It looks great...you did a very good job.

Anonymous said...

Have I told you, you need to accept the challenge as Cassie did, and do the blog on 100 things about me, well about yourself?

Nicole said...

Hey Allison, I have started that 100 things but been SO busy this week that I can't get it done...Fridays are when I have some ME time...so I will post it sometime this weekend. Are you doing it also??

Cassie, I checked out that website but that wasn't where I got it...I think I saw that one on photobucket and just modified it a little...you know so I don't go to jail for copyright issues...:O)