Sunday, March 30, 2008

Worst Mom Ever

Yes, I am talking about myself being the worst mom. Being off of Friday has totally thrown me for a loop and I haven't known what day it is even. We were so busy Thursday evening and Friday morning that when Saturday rolled around all I thought was...I am so glad there is no soccer today and we can just lounge around!

I was right about there being no soccer but I forgot all about Awana Games that Davis was supposed to participate in!!! (I did choose not to attend the Music Boat Mania contest....it was an eating contest, speed dressing and trivia which I would have been horrible at!) I feel absolutely terrible that Davis missed his games. He had so much fun the year he did participate in them. He hasn't come back from his dad's yet so he doesn't know he missed...I will have to break that to him tonight when I pick him up to go to choir.

The saddest part about missing Awana games is that I am a calendar freak so how could this have happened. At work I live by my Outlook calendar and put both work and personal stuff so that I get reminded and I print it out daily. In addition to the calendar on my computer I use one of those desk pad calendars that you write on. In my purse, I carry a calendar that I record everything in also. Then at home I live by my Mom's Plan It calendar that hangs on the fridge. How do you forget stuff when you update and use 4 different calendars????

We are vegging again today. We skipped church because I am still really freaked out about Meagan being in the hospital sick from strep. My kids always get sick at church and my boss is on me about my attendance at work so I cannot afford to have them get sick and me have to miss again. Except for riding around looking at some houses yesterday we didn't even go out of the house. I suspect today will be the same. Duffer and Jett are still in bed and Rylee is in there watching American Idol as usual!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your one of the best mom's ever! Don't beat yourself up...Things happen and we forget stuff..You were just tired! The thing I don't get @ work, is you can work from home, so what would it matter to them? Did they not know you had kids when you come to this dept? Of course they did! Don't worry about that either...Love Ya!