Thursday, March 27, 2008

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request to make...a little girl that goes to daycare with my kids (Meagan, age 2) is in the hospital. She came down with strep on Saturday...she and her sister weren't at daycare Thursday or Friday so my children weren't in contact with them....she kept a fever of 104-105 and they couldn't get it to go down every since Saturday. They admitted her into the hospital yesterday morning. She has tested positive for strep 3 times but isn't reacting to the antibiotics (prime example of how we are all getting immune to the popular antibiotics that are used too often) and her fever will not come down. They are pumping her with so much Ibuprofen that she is going to start having kidney problems (according to her grandmother who is a nurse). She has majorly swollen lymph nodes but they won't run any tests because the radiation will be damaging to her. Isn't that just annoying that you go to the hospital to get better but to find out they don't do much at all for you????

Meagan's mom just started a new job 3-4 months ago and she is beginning to get in trouble for missing so much. I am sorry but if you child is in the hospital an employee is just ignorant to think that you are still going to be at work everyday!!!

This is just so sad and it reminds me of Erin Page and how that all started with strep. What in the world is going on that sicknesses are going around like this? It makes me think we are back in the days of Polio and Rubella and Measles when people died. If there is any time for prayer it is certainly now and to be honest I feel guilty prayer for the little piddly things we ask for so often when others are having to deal with things so much worse. This scares me so much because it could be little Rylee in there and I would just lose it!! Any one of us could be in their shoes.

Ok gotta go...we are all (the entire family plus some close friends) are headed to Fun Expedition...I am hoping to get to ride the go-karts this time! I will update tomorrow with some pictures from tonight...


No comments: