We got started and I got tired during the warm up!! Alison said I did the same thing Gina did! HA! But I stuck it out and did the entire HOUR!!! But man...it was all squats, lunges, pull-ups (which I just did with dumbells but Alison is going to bring an extra strap for me next week-yes I actually will do it again) kicks, toe thrusts (for calfs)...shew it hurt!!! And I am really felling it today...reason my meez is by the bathtub because now I need to soak in Epson salt!!
Duffer picked me up after my workout...we had to take his car back to Courtesy to be checked again (will elaborate on that in a minute)...and we went and ate lunch at Sloopy's. Then we went to our storage unit and got 5 boxes of baby clothes that I am going to sell in the Twice as Nice consignment sale at the Civic Auditorium on March 7th...woohoo...that means this year I will get to go early and shop. (Cassie I don't know if you are selling anything but if you aren't you will obviously be my guest since we go together each year!) So I think a bit of my back ache might be due to lifting those boxes. Today after my cleaning and laundry...that I am obviously procrastinating on now...and somewhere after finishing Davis' school project (all while Duffer works and I do this alone :o( ) I will have to start going through all these clothes and putting them into the website inventory and then I have to get them to my Grandma (she is helping with the ironing part...I CAN'T iron).
Ok...so the deal with Duffer's piece of crap Suburban...remember last week when we paid $213 to get the 4wheel drive fixed at Courtesy?? How many of you think it really was the transmission after all??? Ironic that just a week later the transmission goes out, huh? Well, Courtesy wants $2900 for a new one or $2200 to rebuild so we took it to a place on Center Street that my dad has used and so it will only (and I use that term lightly) cost $1300. Courtesy did still charge us $89 just to tell us that it was the transmission...wasn't that nice of them?!?!? I have paid out almost our entire month salary in the past week it feels like...reason why I think the FPU class isn't too realistic for most people. Because obviously our tax return, Eastman bonus and this tax rebate is already spent and that isn't even trying to pay off our debt so we are still in the same place we were when we started!!! So no new lens for Nicole as I posted in my last post... :o(
So after the whole vehicle incident...I had an appointment with the neurologist. They put me in the procedure room and I almost puked right there. Duffer was with me and of course he doesn't understand why I get so nervous about stuff anyway so he just made fun of me the entire time. Well, Dr. Holt came in and told me that they are still waiting on Eastman to approve the Botox and it does take a while because it isn't FDA approved yet and it is an off label brand. That makes you feel good huh? I told him they would probably have to strap me down to get me on there the first time and he tried to explain it wasn't bad. He gave me a ton of samples of medicine because I keep going through my meds before my refills are ready due to so many migraines monthly and so he even gave me some injections to give myself...lovely! Just what I want to do is give myself shots! He said that is what they give - the same dosage - when you come in the ER - so they are probably good to have on hand. Well, as we were leaving, Misty stopped us to show us how to use the shot. (Christy - I think your sister is out to get me :) ) She had a dummy injection and did it to herself but messed the second one up so went to get another one and then had me do it. They were making fun of me because I was scared (afraid it would hurt) and then I did it...I said it did hurt and I looked at it and this big fat needle was sticking out!!! Misty said, "Oops, I guess that one wasn't a dummy. You just got a shot of Imitrex!" We all started dying laughing!! I told them that was the last time I trusted them with anything! I did feel like I was getting a migraine about an hour earlier so I guess I was covered!!! Duffer and I laughed for about an hour after we left there!!!
So the doctor's office is supposed to call me in a couple of weeks, when my approval is in, for my first Botox injection. Keep me in your prayers because there has been 2 deaths on the news from Botox but they are unexplainable. Dr. Holt said he is only doing this twice and if it doesn't work then he will quit.
We had a Valentine Banquet at our church last night that the Youth sponsored...we had it on our calendars for Saturday but I talked to Cassie around 3pm and found out that it was in 3 hours and we still had to pick up Duffer's car and take it to the other place so we didn't go. We were exhausted. We came home and did nothing...I actually fell asleep at 8:30 while Duffer watched the truck race. My legs felt like jello!
If you are like me...I think that is too much for one day so hopefully you won't hear from me the rest of the weekend and that will mean it will be very calm and boring.... :o)









4 comments:
Your meez is still waving her Valentine, not soakin'. :-) Nicole, don't get me started on the FPU. Stuff happens, but you guys can do this. If we flunkies (Bruce and I) can, you can. A long time ago, I remember someone saying that it took them a year to get in the mess, so they figured they'd give God at least twice that long to help them clean it up. I don't think they were talking about finances, but that quote always reminds me to wait on the Lord. I don't think He just makes things easy for us, because then we'd go right back to doing things our way and we won't learn from our mistakes. Pep talk concluded!
That is odd because I can see my new meez and there is no valentine??? Strange...but I think the meez website was having a lot of problems because it took foreeeevvvverrrr to get my code this time!!! Maybe it will just take a while for you to see it. I put myself doing some kind of taekido (who knows how to spell that???) which was the closest thing I could find to the video I did yesterday!!! HA! Seeing me do it in real life was even funnier!!!
I have to agree with Tanja...this isn't going to be an easy process. God wants us to give the problems over to him...100%...I know, believe me, that it is hard...But James and I both think that FPU is the BEST thing that we have done TOGETHER in a long time...You have to do it together for it to be productive....Together as a couple...and Together with GOD...I love you guys...=)
I hope everything gets better. I know what a pain that car trouble can be. Ali and I are the masters. But, In a year from now, it will be over and done with. And, no, I don't laugh about it now, but it does suck less. ;)
Post a Comment