Do you ever have one of those days that you feel everything just keeps going wrong??? Well...that was my day yesterday!! I was in a training class all day...as I am today as well...so that always throws me off a little. It was Wednesday so I knew I would be rushed when I got home, trying to get to Awana by 6:30 (class ended at 4:30 and it was in Johnson City)!
After I pick up the kids from daycare, I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to leave to get to church on time. I learned on my way home that there was a slight problem with one of my responsibilities at work so I was going to have to log on with my laptop from home to correct. Not something I really want to do in a short time period. PLUS the house we just moved out of...with the major electrical problems...fried my router so I had to hook up my new router before I could log on.
So I get home and try to explain to the kids that they needed to eat their snack quietly so I could get my work done quickly...yeah right...what was I thinking?!? My router was successfully hooked up...much to my surprise...but when I log on the work took longer than I had anticipated making me a nervous wreck because I knew we were going to be late.
Duffer gets home and flips out...my quiet kids had made a terrible mess of crushed crackers in the couch...and none of them had gotten ready like I had asked them to. I asked Duffer to change Rylee's diaper and then I would be ready to go...apparently she tried to brush her teeth and got her outfit soaked. Duffer changed her...always a bad idea...they all went to the car while I locked up.
When I got outside Rylee looked like a homeless child...not matching and wearing clothes that were too small. I had to bring her back inside and change her outfit...and surprise...I noticed Duffer never changed her soaking wet diaper! Men...will they ever get it right??? ;-o
On our way we had to pull the trailer that Duffer has been driving around for a week now...he took off work to take it to the dump and they wouldn't accept it because they were full! The apartment doesn't allow trailers so we had to get rid of it. Duffer dropped us off at church (20 minutes late) and then took the trailer to his dad's and then came back to work.
I was still so flustered that after Cubbies was over I got Jett and went to the gym to wait on Davis...totally forgetting poor little Rylee in the nursery!! :-O Thankfully Duffer reminded me...surely I would have eventually remembered...and I went back and got my precious baby girl!! She became less precious though when she spilled her entire orange Bug Juice all over her new outfit in the car!! :o(
After Awana, we ran by my grandma's to pick up my package...I had it sent to her since we can't receive packages at the apartment. This brightened my day...it was a photo screen (similar to yours Cassie) but it is black and holds 30 pictures on the front and back because the pictures swivel around...if that makes any sense??? My bubble got burst when I began to put it together though. I bought it off eBay (LOVE eBay) and thought it said it held 8x10s...which is what I have the most of to display...but it was actually all 5x7 slots! Then when I put it together..yes I put it together...I put it together backwards! Typical...so Duffer redid it correctly and then one of the little connectors (hinges maybe?)...have no clue what they are called...wouldn't stay together so Duffer took it to work today to fix. Don't you just hate buying something and then being disappointed??? And since it holds 5x7s I guess I will be ordering some more pictures to fill it up!! UGH!
So to sum it up...I was certainly ready for bed last night and I am praying today goes better.
:-) )
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment