Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Groggy Grandma

My grandma was soooooooooooo funny! When I went back there after her procedure was finished, she told me to ask the doctor if I could sit down and get one of those shots from him to make me happy like she was!!

Then on the way home she suggested we go walk around Wal-Mart!!! I looked at her and asked "Surely you don't think you can walk around Wal-Mart in the condition you are in now???" You see she could barely stand up by herself she was so out of it!!! She is so funny!!

When I finally got to work there were NO parking spaces...our parking lot has been terrible ever since they installed a new turnstile and many employees who used to park on the opposite side of the plant now park on our side and we haven't gained the space. We actually lost some parking spaces due to the turnstile. So anyway I had to park about 1/4 a mile away...now I know I need the exercise but in dress shoes and carrying my laptop, tote bag and purse - it isn't fun! So I get all the way to the lobby of my building and realized I forgot my pass in my car...UGH!!!! I wasn't going back so I called security and they buzzed me in. I went to my desk, sat my stuff down and went right back out...my friend Gina came in just before me and had to park in 1 hour parking and then had a meeting so she was going to get a ticket if she didn't move it right then. Me - being the great friend I am - moved her car for her. Unfortunately I had to park her way down where I had parked but at least I got to get my pass! By the time I walked all the way back to the building, I was absolutely frozen and huffing and puffing!!!

Let's hope the rest of the day goes smoothly...on the bright side, Duffer is finally realizing I am sick (he isn't the most empathetic person you know) and offered to take the kids to Awana for me so I could stay home and rest. I was totally shocked because he was aggravated when I went to bed early last night. I think when I woke up this morning and could hardly talk, he realized I really didn't feel well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You tell Mr. Duffer he needs to let you rest, and he can be the Mom for awhile, im sure it wont hurt it him @ all! Don't forget American Idol tonite!