During this time, Davis' dad calls and comes and picks him up. There were so many conflicts last weekend when he was supposed to get him that he decided just to get him this weekend. I thought he was keeping him all weekend but he said he would take him to dinner and then bring him back and just get him next weekend...whatever...I think you all know how we feel about this.
When Duffer came home we loaded up and set out on a mission. I had researched all day about where to buy a mattress pad and where the cheapest one was. We took off...had to stop and pump one of my tires up that keeps losing air for some reason (yes it has been checked)...and arrived at the mall. As SOON as I pulled in...which couldn't have been much over an hour after Davis left...his dad called me saying he was bringing him home. Now I know Davis was upset because he begged me to spend the night with him...but I can't force his dad to keep him. I did tell him that I had just gotten out and I would pick him up on the way home...2 hours later. :o)
This mall trip was NOT pleasant...Penney's website had the electric mattress pad advertised for 69.99 but it was $100 when we got to the register...did we get it? nope...I knew Target had them for 79.99. So we went to eat...I got a pretzel which no one else wanted....and they ate Chick-fil-a. After they all finished Jett just HAD to have a pretzel. We saw our friend Nicki, from baseball and I graduated high school with her. We just love Nicki and need to get together with her and Daniel. So we finished eating and headed for Target.
I bought the boys their THIRD set of gloves and toboggans for the year...why they can't keep up with them I don't know! I got Jett and Duffer an electric blanket for their bed on clearance...always nice...but then I soon lost my excitement...they only had FULL size mattress pads and I needed a queen. I was so tired by then that I got it anyway determined to make the stupid thing fit!! (it barely fit by the way) I also got a comforter in a bag set for my bed...my comforter that Rylee threw up on is still at the cleaners.
We got in line to pay...the lady rang everything up...just as I was finishing writing the check Duffer said "Oh no we forgot this!" It was the mattress pad I had put in the bottom of the buggy and we forgot it. He would have never noticed if the lady hadn't been leaning over to look at the kids so Duffer bent down to look at them. So I had to write another check! What is even funnier is that when we were loading our bags in the car, Duffer pulled out our coats from the front of the buggy (where a child sits) and out fell a toboggan that we had forgotten to pay for!!! LOL!! Oh well...now we are thieves because after all we had been through tonight, we didn't dare go back in!
On the way out I just HAD to get a Tall White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks! Yum!! Oh and for all you coffee lovers...Starbucks on Eastman Road is now OPEN....YIPEE...we saw cars in the drive thru tonight!!! Duffer thought I was completely nuts when he saw me taking this picture...but hey - it adds to my blog to have visuals right? ;)
So I was standing there waiting on my latte, when Duffer finally noticed the comforter in the buggy. He hollered at me "What on earth is this some kind of foo-foo rug you got?" I explained to him in between my laughter that it was my bedding set...and if you could have seen the look on his face!!! Here is another visual...
One major disappointment though is that I accidentally bought a full size bedding instead of queen so I couldn't put on any of the sheets! Oh well...my plan was that this bedding would be for Rylee's room when we move into a house anyway. I started to take it back but it has been so cold without a comforter that I put it on anyway (apparently we have really cheap windows and the air just blows in).
A little treat Duffer bought for us that we are getting ready to watch is one of our favorite series of movies...SAW IV...he was supposed to borrow it from a co-worker but it would have been Monday and I guess he couldn't wait that long.









1 comment:
Your so funny!!!! I have a comforter set almost like that one, except it's baby blue and brown...which is my newest color's I LOVE!!! My mom's favorite place to shop is penny's and belks, so Ill tell her to be on the lookout for you a queen size mattress cover (heated), so usually finds really good deals, the comforter on my bed started @ like over $400, and I ended up paying like $42.00 for it, just kept watching it on clearance,....but we have a king, be glad ya'll dont bedding is expensive!!!!!! You have had a crazy week!!!! Keeps ya on your toes! Love ya!
Post a Comment