Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was an extremely busy day...even more so than it usually is. Since we have been moving...I know you are tired of hearing me say that...I stopped my shopping in the midst of it all and had to try to figure out what I had finished and what I hadn't. This of course left me running around on Christmas Eve trying to finish the shopping, buy the groceries for Christmas Day dinner, clean the house, get us all ready while Duffer was still trying to move stuff into storage (yes believe it or not the unit was open on Christmas Eve!).

Somehow, it all came together, with a few mishaps as there always are...just as our Sunday school lesson talked about this past Sunday. Since our presents were stored at the old house, I didn't realize until we went to pick them up that my niece's hadn't been delivered! We stopped by Wal-Mart but couldn't find anything in a rush so we ended up telling her we would take her shopping in a few days. I hated it though because children get so disappointed even though Christmas isn't about the gifts.

So we headed off to our first stop...Papaw Maynard's and Nene's...which is Duffer's mom and step dad. Heather, David and little David came also and we had dinner and opened gifts. Don and Dianne weren't there because Don still wasn't feeling too well after his recent surgery. Maynard cooked an awesome meal since Linda had to work all day (yes the Credit Union was open so all us fools could get money if we needed)! What a good husband to cook and entertain...hint hint Duffer! ;)

I took a few pictures before we left...here is one of the boys (actually being nice to each other!)...


Davis took this picture of Rylee and me...not too bad...

So then of course Jett had to take one, so I let him take one...this was a mistake because the two of them wanted to take pictures ALL night long!! Jett's shot turned out decent too...maybe they take after their momma? ;) It is a good thing Santa brought Davis his own digital camera but it looks like Jett might have needed one too!

Here we had just gotten to my mother-in-law's, only an hour late, which is pretty good for us. ;) Rylee had fallen asleep in the car so she was very clingy and if we had drove any longer I think Jett would have been asleep next!

Here is a shocker...Jett loving on Davis! These two actually got along all night which made me very happy (they usually fight constantly)!

Heather and little David who was all decked out in his Florida Gator gear...which Duffer teased him about all night long. Bo...you would get along great with David!!

Duffer took this picture when I wasn't paying attention but Rylee was being so sweet and cuddly. She didn't act like she felt well and had started coughing on the way over there but today she hasn't coughed at all...go figure? Kids are the strangest creatures!!

Davis and Jett were both mesmerized by David's PSP...and then jealous later when Rebeka got Uncle Jay one. Santa may have brought Davis one if he took care of his stuff a little better though.

Rylee looked so cute in her little dress and tights but the dress bothered her badly. She whined about it itching so I asked Nene if she got her any outfits for Christmas...since she usually does...and thankfully she did! That was the first present we opened so Rylee will have a different outfit on in a couple of pictures. By the way...she is walking around eating ice...she and Jett love to eat ice and I HATE it from my dental days because it is the single worse thing for breaking your teeth!!!

Jett got tons of Toy Story stuff this year...and so did Rylee. They are both crazy over Buzz and Woody just like Davis was.

Davis opening Eye Clops that he got from Nene I think...there again things were a little crazy in the chaos of everyone opening at the same time. I am apologizing now if I mixed up who got what!

Rylee coloring with her Aqua Doodle...she loves to color and this is probably the safest way to do it at her age! I like this gift way better than the Play-Doh!! ;)

Duffer opening his gifts...

...and trying on the jacket from his mom.

Linda with her photo book I made for her and Maynard. (I made these for everyone in the family although they are personalized for the person they go to).

Maynard checking out the family...


On to our next stop...Pop and Nani's house (Duffer's dad and step mom). Also there were Duffer's brother, sister, niece, and Rebeka (below) who is Jason's girlfriend.

Rylee...looking a bit overwhelmed while the gifts were being distributed. I was trying to hold her pile and mine and having a bit of trouble doing so!

Pop...actually smiling - very rare!!

Nani and Jason

Katheryn and her daughter Alexis...we all call her Rocz...something Pop started when she was born.

Rebeka and Rylee...it took Rylee a minute but she warmed up to Rebeka!

Jett opening what I think was this wrestling game...I think he liked it by the look on his face!
Davis knew as soon as he was handed the box, that he had gotten Guitar Hero 3 and he has not stopped playing it!

Here is the mass chaos that I missed out on as a child! ;-) As much as I love it, I also love the part where I come home and go to bed...and get a few hours of silence before it starts all over again!

Duffer opening gifts...

Duffer and his new Kid Rock CD from Katheryn (I think). She also got him a new Yankees tag for his car since his got destroyed when he had to push my car that time I ran out of gas!

Here I am opening my gift from Jason...a digital key chain...very cool!
Pop and Uncle Jay

I thought this shot was funny because Rylee was sitting on a stool but you can't tell it and she was peeping around the corner...Duffer of course was trying to prevent an accident!!

We didn't get home until 11:30 and still had to wrap some presents. We also had some stuff stashed in our old house so Duffer had to drive all the way back across town...something like 18 miles one way...and then put it all together. You will see what I mean when I have time to upload the pictures from today. Poor Duffer didn't go to bed until 4am and I got in bed around 2am...what a long night!!! I tried not to put a ton of pictures on here but there were so many good ones and since I don't email them anymore I knew the family would want to see them...for the rest of you that get bored just keep scrolling! ;)
I have to run and watch Spiderman 3...another thing Jett is a fanatic about right now...that he got this morning. I will update with pictures from today either late tonight or early in the morning when I get more time. I have one more day off from work and then it is back to the grind. :(

No comments: