Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day

So I finally got my pictures uploaded from Christmas Day. I really tried to NOT put a ton on here but there were so many good ones and the family that we don't get to see every Christmas will enjoy seeing these. I took 250 from Christmas Eve to Christmas night so I had quite a few to go through!!

This Christmas was very unusual considering we were in an apartment for the first time in something like 8 years! We thought we had all of our stuff here and when I set the table I realized that our dishes...except the plastic ones we eat off of daily...were still at the old house. UGH!!!! So we ate our Christmas dinner off paper plates...I knew my Christmas dishes were going to storage but I at least thought I would have my regular dishes. On top of the dishes, you can't use a turkey fryer here and I haven't cooked a turkey in the oven since the year before Davis was born and I wasn't about to attempt it after all that time...plus so many of them get dried out like that...if you have ever eaten a deep fried turkey you will understand what I mean because they are extremely tender and juicy!! So this is what we did...when the kids got up around 8:30, Grandma, Daddy, Vanessa and Ryan came over and we opened gifts. Then Grandma stayed and helped me cook while Daddy and Vanessa went home (less than a mile from me) to cook the turkey and they came back with the bird when it was done and we ate.

So as I said in yesterday's post, Duffer was up until 4am so we were all tired. I got up around 7am but let everyone else sleep until 8:15. Here are the pictures of what Santa left before the kids got a hold of them...this was Davis' pile...a speedball game (like skeeball), a snowboard (although we never get any we are taking a ski trip before winter is over this year!), a book of string games (at school this is a big thing that he and his friends do and this book is neat because it came with 3 strings also), and a Pirates of the Caribbean digital camera.

Here is Jett's...a Buzz doll, Slinky dog, all the Woody figurines from the movie, a Cars mp3 player, Jessie and Woody dolls....can you tell he is into Toy Story??? :)

And finally Rylee's...a kitchen, Jessie and Woody (Santa knew they would fight over them), a Buzz of her own (again Santa is so smart), Hello Kitty blanket and pillow, Take Care of me doll.

And here are the kiddos before I woke them up....I thought they were too cute! Yes we all 4 slept like this...we fell asleep watching the Grinch for the umpteenth time! And yes I have been bathing Rylee but those flippin tattoos will NOT come off!!! I still haven't tried the scotch tape, Cassie, I will today!

Davis helping Jett look over his stuff...Jett is still half asleep.

Davis is very excited about his camera...but just like he always does he throws his stuff everywhere and the instructions got tossed out with the trash. So now I have to try to search online for some instructions so we can work the stupid thing...you would think I would be able to figure it out but I can't even get it to come on! (and yes I charged it)

Rylee checking out her kitchen...Santa knew she needed one of these because she played with her friend Bella's so much. She got 2 sets of pots and pans to go with it...one of them being stainless steel and they are SO cute. The utensils are so tiny and so life like! I may play with them more than she does! ;)

Jett checking out his stuff...

Rylee just about had a cow when Papaw wore Woody's hat and wouldn't give it to her...Papaw loves to irritate the kids...Ryan just sits there and laughs!

Rylee was playing 'dead' and mainly showing off...

Grandma and Vanessa were amazed at Rylee's kitchen. It has a working light and clock. The microwave makes sounds like it is running. There are 2 things that make noise...a skillet that makes a frying noise when you put it on the eye and then a pot that makes a boiling noise when you put it on the eye. It has little spices and silverware, a pot holder, it is just awesome. I sure do wish they had made stuff like this when I was little. I remember having a stove...but only a stove and it was like aluminum or something...certainly nothing fancy. Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have a daughter so I can enjoy all of this stuff after having 2 boys???

Jett opening his many gifts from Papaw and Vanessa...lots of clothes and shoes...

How often does one see this??? Usually kids open clothes and toss them disappointingly but Rylee opened an outfit and wouldn't even let anyone see it! LOL!

Grandma opening her gift from Davis...an ornament with Davis' drawing from Art to Remember from school.

Another PlayStation game....Davis and Jett both got one...

Jett got Spiderman 3...which we watched last night...and I must say that is the longest movie I have watched in a long time! I think it was almost 3 hours long!

Rylee received so many dolls that I lost count...her favorite is the Make me Better Mommy doll. It cries and you have to give it medicine and it laughs and so on.

Papaw investigating the photo book I made for him and Vanessa. He didn't believe that I took the pictures in it. I guess that is his way of saying I did a good job. ;)

Poor Duffer opened so many toys in the past 24 hours so Papaw started opening some of Rylee's.

And here is the chaos of Christmas Day...no matter how many people you have at your get together, if kids are involved - there will be chaos! ;)

Here I am taking a break from picture taking although Duffer didn't last long since he had taken most of them last night. I was getting frustrated because my lens is not close enough and my zoom is too close so I definitely know what my birthday present will be! ;) )

Our annual family picture...Vanessa got Grandma a pretty picture frame so I am ordering one of these to go in it for her. It has a Bible verse on it but I can't remember it right now.

I ordered these crazy things for the boys and Ryan and Daddy were goofing off with them. They are really cool though. I had to take a picture of them!

This is the baby that I mentioned earlier that was Rylee's favorite...

These shoes were a hit with Rylee...imagine that since they came from the dollar store! I put them in her stocking and she refused to take them off when it was time to leave to go to my dad's...Jett wouldn't go because he wouldn't leave his new toys but Davis and Rylee went back home with Papaw, Ryan and Vanessa to cook the turkey. When Rylee stepped into Vanessa's house...my old house which they have since put down hardwood floors, it was like she was walking on ice! So she decided to take off the shoes until she came back home! :0 ) )

It took me until the afternoon...after Duffer, Rylee and me had all taken a nap from 2-6...to get Duffer to finally open his stocking! Duffer and I decided to not spend money on each other this year and spend it all on the kids since we had to move. I did get him some stocking stuffers and jeans because I couldn't have him open nothing! Here he is showing the NY Jets shot glasses...we collect them...

...and his Jets cell phone holder...he also had a Jets keychain in there. Yes I went a little nuts with the Jets apparel because it was the first time I had actually found any thing I could buy in the store...usually I have to order online to get Jets apparel.

This is Dean and Gina who came to visit us last night. Gina is my good friend from work. Our offices are right next to each other so we are pretty much together all the time. Gina's father lives in building #B...across from us...so after they ate dinner tonight, they came to say hi. Dean works out at Eastman also and he and Duffer played ball together when they where younger. We had a ton of fun while Gina and Jett were throwing football...Gina got pegged in the nose and me in the eye...and while Rylee served Dean and Gina both coffee from her new kitchen!

Davis was gone after we ate to his dad's for the rest of the day. He ate with them and then they all went to the lights at Bristol...which we thought about doing but were just too tired. We still haven't made it there this year. Maybe we will do that this weekend since we have Davis. I have just not gotten into the spirit of things like I normally do and I know that is bad!
We ended up the night watching Spiderman 3 and then we went to bed when Davis came home. Duffer had to go back to work today :( but only for half a day...he is moving the rest of the day. I am off and hanging out with the kids. I have to go back tomorrow. :( I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

That is the same camera Ian got last year. . .and Macey got one just like it also, just not Pirates. . it was the girl version. . .and . . believe it or not. . .the same MP3 player that Cade has. . .We think way too much alike. . .:)