Saturday, December 8, 2007

April's Baby Shower

Today one of my old (not as in old age) friends, Christina, and I went to April's baby shower. Christina and April have been friends for a long time and I got to know April when she worked with me at Chop House. This was the first time I had seen April since Jett's baby shower (gasp!)...you see April moved to Knoxville and transferred to that Chop House and that is where she and her husband met and now they live in Chattanooga. So I don't get to see her often anymore.

Christina and I went through the Dental Assisting program together at ETSU (which is how we met) and that seems like a lifetime ago now...it was in 1999-2000. Davis was 1 year old when we because friends and for a long time we were always together. Ironically neither of us enjoyed the dental world...so we both went back and both got bachelor degrees in HR Management. Then of course neither of us are working in HR but oh well. We don't get together as often as we used to because...well who has a lot of time with 3 kids (and since Christina doesn't have any she probably wouldn't enjoy all the lovely kids things we do daily!). :( Hopefully we can spend more time together though because she is a ton of fun!!

The shower was at April's friend Sherry's house and she got TONS of awesome things. She is due in February and she is having a girl, Kendall Claire. Here she is opening her gifts...

...and then cutting her cake....

Then here is Christina, April and me. Dimitria took the picture and she just about cut poor ole Christina out of it!!

Okay Christina and April...you have now made my blog! April...I expect you to create your own blog soon so we can see Miss Kendall grow!!! It was great to see you guys...I miss you both!!!

No comments: