Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another Christmas Party

Last night we had TWO more Christmas parties to go to. The first one was for my work. It was hosted by the VP of Polymers and Engineering & Construction. Jim throws the best parties. I attended them for 2 years when I first started working at Eastman because I was in Engineering. Then last year Jim (the VP) moved to Polymers and away from Engineering. Now that he is back...even though I work in Procurement...my boss still works directly with him so we were invited. It was held at the Eastman Lodge and catered by Troutdale. Their food is a little too fancy for my taste but it was still good. Our gift to take home was Godiva chocolates...although I wasn't too impressed with them considering they are supposed to be the best chocolate??? I also got to take home an AWESOME centerpiece with a Santa on it...I LOVE it!!

Here is a picture of Duffer and me...that Davis took...before we left.

Jim had put 'crackers' on each place setting for us to open. These weren't crackers that you eat but more like firecracker poppers. You pulled them on each end and they made a loud noise and then there was a surprise inside. Mine had a fish fortune...you put this little fish in the palm of your hand and they way it moved told your fortune. Duffer got one of those annoying toys that are similar to those hands that kids play with....the clapper or something.

All of us had crowns in them so we all put them on and acted goofy. I didn't take my camera so I took these with my cell phone (reason they aren't too good)...Here is Sue...Jim's assistant...she did most of the hard work planning this party. She traded for an orange crown because she is obsessed with UT. :)

Here is Duffer...


And then me...




While I was at the party, I received a phone call from Davis' dad who was cancelling again...surprise, surprise. Davis was at my grandma's so I told him we would pick him up when we left. Jett and Rylee were spending the night with my mother-in-law because we thought we were going to be out late.
We were supposed to be at another Christmas party right after the first one, but I was exhausted, the food upset my stomach and plus Davis wanted to come home. Davis' toe was bothering him...we went to my friend, Cindy's house on Thursday and her son Tucker and Davis were wrestling around and Tucker had fallen on Davis' foot. His poor toe is purple so I guess he hurt it pretty badly.

We decided to come on home after picking up Davis since I didn't feel well. I think I was just worn out after being at work since 6am. When I got off work at 11am I went to my hair appointment, went to the store, went and paid the deposit on the apartment, picked up Davis from school, picked the other two up from daycare, went back to the beauty shop for the boys to get haircuts, came home for 30 minutes to get ready, then took Davis to my Grandma's (while Duffer took the other two to his mom's), then went to the party. There comes a time when you just have to slow down and hopefully after we move again we will be able to do that!!

No comments: