Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This year we had Thanksgiving...as we always do...at our house but at our new house. I began cooking and cleaning on Wednesday but did the majority of it on Thanksgiving day. All of our family ended up coming which was nice because I thought some weren't going to. We had 16 people in all...we were definitely cozy since my house isn't that big. I took a few pictures but not as many as I usually do since I was trying to host at the same time.

Here is Davis...he was watching TV on the couch waiting on his real dad to pick him up. He went to eat with his dad's family for about 3 hours and then came back to eat with us. He was sporting his Cowboys jersey for the ballgame that afternoon.

Duffer was putting together our new turkey fryer. We have deep fried our turkey for about 8 years now and I wouldn't fix it any other way...it is SO good. We all fight for the skin because I put this seasoning on it called Everglades (can only get it in Florida I believe) and it is delicious. Did I mention it takes less than an hour to cook?!?! That is the best part!

Duffer's dad and family had already ate and just came to visit and watch the Cowboys / Jets game. I told Duffer that the Cowboys were going to kill the Jets (Duffer's fav team is the Jets and mine is the Cowboys)...and of course the Cowboys won, 34-3. Here are Jason and his girlfriend, Rebekah.

Katheryn, Duffer's sister, also came to watch the game.

Duffer's dad, (Pop) and his step mom, Robin (Nani).

Vanessa and Rylee (and her baby doll)...I was so happy Vanessa still got to come because she has had a migraine for a couple of days now.

Until Alexis got there for the boys to play with, all they wanted to do is play on their Gameboys...
Jett was really into his game...check out his face!

I tried to get a good picture of Jett and Grandma but she closed her eyes...which she often does...oh well!
Here is the table full of food before we ate. We have SO many leftovers...I will gain 10 pounds before it is all eaten.
This is what Duffer and my dad did the entire time I was trying to get all the food ready. There are many outlets in our house that are wired odd and so these two brain surgeons were operating on them.
Jett with Papaw Maynard and Nene (Duffer's mom and step dad)...you can see that Jett wasn't in the mood to pose for any pictures.

Doesn't Duffer look thrilled? He doesn't enjoy the chaos as much as I do.
Rylee and Jett sitting in the floor eating...I thought this was safer than my couch wearing our our dinner! Jett thought he was big stuff using an 'adult' glass to drink out of. We let all the kids, excluding Rylee, drink from the glasses but then one got broken so we went back to plastic cups for them.
Jett and Rylee 'cheesing' for me! You can almost tell they were saying CHEESE! You can also see their dinner all over their faces!

This year, instead of trying to sit around the table and eat like we usually do, with so many people there I just put it all on the table like a buffet and let everyone eat where they wanted. My dad of course didn't worry about all the food on the table and sat down there to eat anyways!
Every year it is tradition that I take a picture with everyone in it. Well that got foiled this year since Duffer lost my tripod :( when he took everything out of the back of my car and he can't remember where he put it. I am just devastated...because I use it all the time...but I am sure it will turn up soon. Duffer's mom took this picture for me. Jason and Rebekah had already left and I meant to go take a picture of the ones that were downstairs but before I knew it they all left and I didn't get one.
This was a great Thanksgiving despite the few obstacles we had to overcome. Duffer always helps me with my pumpkin roll but as he was trying to turn it over and flip it out of the pan...it crumbled everywhere! He just looked at me and said "You better make another one...oops!" I about cried! Then we had plans to get up and go shopping this morning to all the sales...I woke up at 3:15am to get ready but so did Rylee! I couldn't get her to go back to sleep so I had Duffer lay with her and went and got on the computer. About 15 stores running sales today offered the same bargains online...so I spent about $300 in 2 hours...cringe! I 'shopped' from 3:30 - 5:30am and then went back to bed...honestly this is the only way to do if you ask me!! I got all the same deals plus I got to sleep in until 9:30!

In all seriousness...I am very thankful for my family and that we are all able to be together and celebrate holidays like this. Please keep Duffer's Uncle Don in your prayers because he will be undergoing his 2nd brain surgery on Monday at Duke Hospital. His first surgery was a couple of months ago and they were able to go in through his nose but the tumor wasn't all gone and the position of it is requiring entry through his cranium...much more evasive surgery as you can imagine. Ten months ago you would never know anything was wrong with Don and suddenly he is dealing with life or death surgeries. It is very sad...he is such a good person and I pray this will all turn out well.

No comments: