Tuesday, October 30, 2007

They are SO cute...

I just wanted to share some things that are going on with the kids for those family members who don't get to see them often...

~Jett has always had some difficulties with his 'S' words and sounds but some things he says is too funny to not talk about. Sunday we were in the car and we smelled a skunk and Jett...who by the way has had the best smeller of all my kids...said, "Ooohhhhh...a kunk!" Duffer and I both started cracking up.

~We have the 2 long narrow windows on each side of our front door...I am going to be covering them up soon because I am not crazy about looking at them one day and seeing someone staring back at me! The other night we were all in the downstairs den except for Rylee who was upstairs. She started to come down when she saw...through those windows...the house across the street has some orange lights in their bushes for Halloween. We all of a sudden heard Rylee just start screaming! The orange lights scare her so bad that now she will not walk up or down the stairs by herself at night. It is pitiful and cute at the same time! :)

~This story is so ironic. Yesterday when I picked the kids up for daycare, Susan gave me the drawings that Jett and Rylee had both painted. This is the first time Rylee has gotten to these types of things which Jett does on a daily basis. Susan was so impressed with how well she did and pointed out that Rylee's looked better than Jett's! It actually looks like a Christmas tree...I will scan it tonight and add it on here so you can see. Anyway...I brought up how it would be neat to get it made into a magnet or coffee mug like Davis' school did a couple of years ago in Art to Remember. Poor little Davis made a drawing that was nothing but scribbles and as we moms know I still had to order a magnet. As soon as we got in the car, Davis said he had something to show me and that I was going to laugh at how dorky it was....to my surprise he pulled out his drawing, the drawing on a magnet and order form to order other products. He said it was a self portrait although it resembled Frankenstein a little more than Davis (I will scan tonight also)! Many of you know that I always say the wrong things to kids...so my first question was, "What is the deal with all the pitchforks in the background?" I am thinking in my mind that he has some bad thoughts going through his head maybe??? He said, "Mom, those are the UT emblem!" LOL...oops! I am very excited to have a good drawing though and plan to order several things.

Okay as promised...here is Rylee's fabulous drawing (keep in mind she is only 2):

Here is Davis' self portrait from Art to Remember that we can order various products from:


~Rylee is currently obsessed with the song Flying Purple People Eater...I made a CD with various Halloween tunes on it for the kids to listen to. Well poor Davis and Jett never get to hear the songs they like because Rylee SCREAMS if we don't put Flying Purple People Eater on repeat! I drive 25 miles before and after work...refuse to switch daycares even though we moved...and I am just about batty by the time we get to our destination after hearing nothing but this song.

~The last thing is that Jett and Rylee are getting ready for their Christmas program at daycare. Jett is a shepard and has a speaking part that he has already memorized (only 4 lines) and they aren't doing the program until sometime in November...I was impressed with this anyway. :) Rylee is a sheep...how cute is that...Susan said that so far she does better than any of the others! They have also learned two songs with motions...Away in a Manger and Chubby Snowman. I am SO impressed that Rylee knows all of the motions and most of the words!!! Susan also taught them a little prayer that they sing before each meal and Rylee sings it too! I just don't remember the boys doing things this early...maybe she took after me and we have a genius in the making...ha ha!

I wanted to share these because I forget to tell my family about them and I will try to do better about putting more on here so you can be including on the little daily happenings that make kids so loveable.

No comments: